“The good, the bad and the okay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia) (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 Bonus HHonors Point
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Seattle, WA
“The good, the bad and the okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I do not typically stay at the Four Seasons, but did this time for a conference.

Here's the good:

* The hotel itself is attractive, and the staff was uniformly delightful - very welcoming, very accommodating. The staff was the very best thing about the hotel, from check-in to room service to housekeeping, and I hope they are as valued as they should be.
* My room was larger than expected which was very nice, and like everything else the bed was comfortable and clean.
* My room was quiet with regard to external noise.
* It was a relatively short walk (a mile or so?) to appealing restaurants and shopping. It's more like 2 miles to historic landmarks.
* For conference purposes, the rooms were quite adequately sized and the chairs comfortable.

The bad:
* The immediate area around the hotel is not well serviced, so plan on cabbing or walking
* No in-room coffee? Really? There is free coffee down in the lobby in the morning, but I'm not fit to leave my room until after a cup.
* I did go to the Swann for an evening snack and was very disappointed in what I ordered. It may have been a bad night, or the one bad thing on the menu, I don't know.
* Similarly, the food served for the conference was disappointing. Not terrible, but not anything I'd look forward to having again.

The okay:
* The fitness room was small, but workable
* The shower - at least in my room - was more of a drizzle than a shower
* There were multiple grades of wifi, the lowest of which (for just web browsing) was free
* The TV had abundant channels but was verrry slow to change channels.
* There is a Whole Foods about a half mile north, which is always handy when traveling.

The odd: There was a neighbor in the room next door who needed to listen to Gangnam Style on LOUD no less than 5 times to start his day, but that's not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank JosephSparacio
Brent M, General Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Mondojoe,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and you found the staff to be welcoming and accommodating. Our employees are unquestionably one of our greatest assets, dedicated to ensuring our guests enjoy a true Four Seasons experience. We do consider ourselves lucky to have such terrific employees and it will be a pleasure to pass along your kind comments to all of them.
While I am pleased you enjoyed some aspects of the location of the hotel as well as the service you received, I am sorry to learn you did have several issues that were disappointing for you. I would like to personally talk to you about your experience. Please feel free to email me directly anytime at brent.martin@fourseasons.com. If you would prefer to discuss this via telephone, I can be reached at (215) 963-2741.
Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Brent Martin

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

all good. very nice hotel with a great pool. nice lobby and walking distance to the art gallery and BArnes FOundation and Franklin INstitute as well as all the food on Chestnut street. THis is a nice clean hotel and the cost is worth it if you can swing it. It is also really close to the train station - $7 cab.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad to hear your were able to take advantage of our hotel's convenient location and experience what our city has to offer. Please contact me directly at ekrem.koroglu@fourseasons.com when you are ready for your next visit. Together with your help we'll prepare a personal itinerary for you, because after all Philadelphia & The Four Seasons has so much more to offer.

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband , two young children, and I stayed for the weekend. We typically stay at five star hotels so my expectations were met, but not exceeded. We really enjoyed tea service and the staff at tea went above and beyond, room service on the first morning was served by an exceptional butler, and the front desk staff was perfect. I found conceirge to be a little lacking , the pool was freezing ( did not feel heated), and room service came at 4:30 which made it difficult to get ready for dinner. Nothing awful, just little inconveniences. A small disappointment, heard so much about the "wagon full of toys" that children are greeted with at check-in. We did not have that experience, and when I inquired at a later point- kind of felt my inquiry was met with exasperation. The wagon, as it turned out, was not worth the inquiry.... Just some dollar store tokens that were not what I would have expected to be given by The Four Seasons. On a positive note, the children were given beautiful and delicious Rice Krispie treats one night at turn down service. All in all, pleasant stay but not amazing.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us. We are thrilled to hear that you had many great experiences and interactions with our staff. We take great pride in our team and I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk, lounge and room service teams. I will also be sure to reach out to the departments that did not meet your expectations and ensure we make proper adjustments to ensure the satisfaction of all our guests. We hope that you will choose our hotel for your next trip to Philadelphia and please contact me directly in the future to make your reservation, so I can assist in making sure that your stay is perfect!

T:(215) 963-2735 F:(215) 963-9506
ekrem.koroglu@fourseasons.com
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I can't comment on the cost as stayed there for business. I like the living room, it's nice not to have to sit on the bed to watch TV, however there was a TV in the bedroom area, that only worked sparodically, and the phone in the bedroom didn't work when I tried to call about the TV.
I think all hotels should have tea & coffee facilities in the room, which it doesn't, but to be fare they do have them in the morning next to the fountain restaurant, until 10am weekends but a very mean 8am week days. (Top tip, go to the pool area, they have hot drinks there all day long! ) Failing that, there is a Wawa just round the corner on Arch St. Pool was warm, jacuzzi hot as was the sauna, sounds obvious but rarely happens. So all in all a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sitting room, not all have them as some have giant bathrooms, you will use the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the constructive feedback. I am glad that you found your stay to be pleasant overall however apologize for the issues you experienced in your guest room. I would love to personally talk to you about those issues. Please email me at ekrem.koroglu@fourseasons.com. I look forward to personally ensuring that your next stay is flawless.

Regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been staying in the Four Seasons Philadelphia regularly for the past ten years. In that time, it has maintained and delivered on its commitment to an exceptional guest experience.

My most recent stay was during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy and although the hotel was fully booked with guests and even hosted an event, I received the exceptional service that I have come to expect from Four Seasons Philadelphia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for your comment! We are very happy to hear that you continue to enjoy our beautiful hotel. We hope that your life is back to normal after Hurricane Sandy and are pleased to hear we were able to take good care of you during a difficult time.
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Been at numerous corporate events here since its opening almost 30 years ago, and stayed here many, many times although not recently. This has always been my favorite hotel in Philly. But haven't stayed here in 6 years until this past weekend. It did not disappoint. Starting at the top, this is a Four Seasons. Service was impeccable from the moment we pulled up to the door - doormen, bellmen, front desk staff. Our room was large, comfortable, nicely appointed and quiet - we did choose a room facing the courtyard - rooms facing the Logan Circle Fountain do have a great view, but do get traffic noise from the Parkway. The Fountain restaurant and Swann Lounge are wonderful for dining and "hanging out". The location is located right at the base of the museum district, but is easily walkable for all center city attractions without being in the midst of all the traffic. And, did I mention that the service is wonderful? OK, if I had to make one criticism, it is that although they did a wonderful update of the hotel 2 years ago, the shower head was still decrepit. Can't believe they missed that detail. Oh well.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all of our services. We greatly appreciate the warm remarks regarding our staff and the suggestion about the shower head, we will be sure to share this with our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Ekrem Koroglu Assistant Director of Rooms
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Business brought me to Philadelphia from California. The convention pricing on this hotel was amazing. I stayed for 7 nights. Service was fabulous - the bellmen gave me, and my friends who were not at the hotel, full size umbrellas as we walked out the door because rain was imminent, the bellman handed a towel and water bottle to my boss as he came in from a run, the concierges were incredibly helpful. There was coffee and tea in the lobby each morning and ice tea and flavored water every afternoon.

My sole complaint is the cost of breakfast, but it was a good breakfast.

Mid week I started calculating how much it would cost to live there - and it was not too outrageous given the beautifully appointed room, clean sheets and towels every day, and the fabulous service. Of course that was just a dream.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Suzannea2010
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We realize that travelling for business is never an easy thing, and it is tough to be far away from home. We try our best to be your home away from home. You are the reason that we are here, so we will do whatever it takes to make your stay as seamless as possible.
Please feel free to contact me directly at ekrem.koroglu@fourseasons.com should you require any assistance making extended stay accommodations.

Best regards,