“It's the Four Seasons....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Miami, Florida, United States
“It's the Four Seasons....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have stayed here every December for the last 3 years for business and will probably be staying here again in 2012. It's 5 star accommodations, the amenities are the best, the staff is fantastic (1 particular year I was sick and housekeeping brought me a tea kettle, tea and honey), the rooms beautifully appointed... the beds... eh. Truthfully, the beds at the Embassy Suites across the street are more comfortable - go figure. The bathrooms here are divine and I always make sure to save time for a long soak in one of them. The restaurant down stairs is great - definitely try the Philly roll appetizers. Really? What can you say bad about the Four Seasons?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind words. I was pleased to read that our staff member in housekeeping was able to provide extra comfort while you were not feeling well during your visit. I must admit that the Philly Cheesesteak spring roll is one of my favorites on our menu as well. In regards to the beds, we certainly offer some options (firmer, softer, etc.). Please email me your preference to ekrem.koroglu@fourseasons.com and I will make sure your profile is updated accordingly so we have that ready for you on your next visit.

Assistant Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife, dog and I recently stayed here for a long weekend. We had a fountain-view room on the sixth floor. The view rivals anything in Europe whether it be Paris, Rome or Geneva. The staff is very personable, while maintaining a strong sense of professionalism. The room was very clean and had a comfy bed. We used room service the entire weekend because we did not want to leave our elderly dog alone. The food was perfect and always delivered within 30 minutes. The room service menu is extensive enough please anyone's taste.

If Philadelphia is in your travel plans do yourself a favor and stay here. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Go for a Fountain-View room. You won,t regret it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tomas V, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for posting your review!

We were pleased to read that not only you and your wife but also your dog enjoyed the stay with us over the weekend.
We are very proud of your staff as their professional and personalized service at the same time truly makes a difference. Our room service and culinary team will be pleased to know that you liked the food, service and timeliness.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us.

We hope to see you, your wife and your dog soon.
Tomas

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food&Beverage
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel several times - this time however was for 5 days & it was at capacity! On this stay one of our party needed medical assistance & Jessica on Concierge was extremely helpful. & arranged the Doctor consult as well as the prescription pick up - very efficient despite the fact the hotel was FULL & the staff under pressure! The Room Service was amazing & the food was exactly what we ordered & was like being in the The Fountain Restaurant - the wait was longer than usual because of the number of people staying in the hotel but still this did not impact the food quality. The Assistant Front Office Manager Chris Beck made our stay especially nice by keeping an eye on our stay the whole time & making sure we had everything we needed - thanks for the personal attention Chris. We had a 7 party dinner in The Fountain & even though we didn't have a reservation the staff made us feel welcome & accommodate us without any problem - the food was delicious - beautifully presented & the staff very attentive & polite - a great evening! We would definitely recommend this 5 star property - a true Four Seasons hotel with a fabulous Spa! We also have to make mention of how great the doormen were!

• Stayed October 2012
We are delighted to hear that you had a true Four Seasons experience during your last visit. We strive to exceed our guests expectations on a daily bases, and it is very rewarding to hear stories like yours that inspires us. Both Jessica and Chris were thrilled that you recognized their outstanding effort. We very much look forward to having you back again sometime soon.

Kind Regards,
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just returnrd from a weekend there. I stayed years ago and remember liking the suite. This time I was in a regular room. I commend the hotel for being flexible and taking on hurricane victims, and naturally minor glitches on a packed weekend are expected. However,I didn't feel the hotel was up to FS standards for unrelated items: it needs renovation, and smooth out some customer service issues. I was there on a low season rate, so in the end it was ok, but if I paid $500 and up, it would've been not worth it.
1. Location - is ideal for museums, and not far from city hall. ALso short walk from the station.

2. Lobby is much larger than the DC FS, but it looks like a large conference hotel lobby, with no nice furniture and odd plants in the middle. They really need to update it to FS standards.
3. Rooms- I was told superior and deluxe are the same, except for the view. If you look at photos the rooms look relatively modern. Actually, the three superior rooms we saw (king and double) all had these tall wooden rather ugly headboards. Our first room (we switched due to noise from children) had an old carpet with a stain. The second room, same category, had a nice new carpet.
4. Bathrooms- huge disappointment. Not FS or Ritz. No shower, just tub with curtain and toilet next to it. Very, very average.
5. Very thin walls- one can hear everything in the hallway and next door. Rooms that have a door into an adjacent room are even louder, so ask for a room that isn't joined with anything else.
6. Restaurant/lounge- If the restaurant fills up completely during non-dinner meals, the management absolutely should notify guests by an email before arrival, or, at least, on check -in to book breakfast (especially if it is included in the package) or afternoon tea. When I checked in they informed me about the breakfast being included, but made no mention of needing to make reservation. I came up in the evening to the empty front desk to ask about time for breakfast. Again, he gave me the time, looked up my account, but made no mention of needing to make reservation.
I understand the hotel was busy. However, I have never anywhere had to make reservation for breakfast that is included in the package. When we showed up to breakfast, towards the end of the breakfast hour, they were about to turn us down becuase they said it was full. We made mention of being hotel guests, of having it included, they really couldn't do anything...
Jonathan the maitre d' at Swann lounge was stellar and saved the experience.
Jonathan came up, and found us a table (we'd met him during afternoon tea experience). Afternoon tea- was fully booked when we asked around noon. We returned to check on the wait list at 3:15, and while the first lady we asked when to check and never came back, Jonatahn again had a no-show and was able to seat us. The decor in the lunge is also so-so, although window views are nice.

7.quality of food - breakfast was good. I liked the eggs benedict. Afternoon tea ($36 with prosecco), however, was pretty pathetic. Compared to my review of NYC places, this was very disappointing. Sandwiches were tasteless and not great. They do serve them a la carte as well, for $15 for four sandwiches, so not even worth it. I originally wanted only sandwiches, but glad I didn't do a la carte. There would've been four rather poor finger sandwiches on the plate. I was glad to see that they refilled prosecco by the glass,as many places do not, but I also didn't like its quality. There is inexpensive prosecco like La Marca that one can do out there, and keep guests happy.

8. Pool/jacuzzi- they have a nice large jacuzzi and a pretty warm pool. It looked a little like a winter country club hang out, after the each club closes, but kids were well behaved. The changing area and lockers are so tiny, we could barely fit. Especially since they get a lot of kids, and they are in hte pool until 8 pm, they need to expand the changing area.

Room Tip: walls are thin- can hear everything in the hallway. Ask for rooms with no doors connecting to anothe...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Annadaria3,

Thank you for the very detailed comments regarding your stay with us.

This was very tough week for us, due to the guests that were displaced from the Hurricane in the area. Our restaurants and rooms were busy and I'm sure that we weren't at our best. I'm sorry that everything wasn't perfect but we will learn from this experience to create a better experience in the future.

As it relates to our guest rooms, we're planning on doing some work this year to update the property and hope that you'll join us again.

Please contact me when you head back to Philadelphia or any other Four Seasons properties so I may assist in the reservation process.

Regards,

P: (215) 963-2742
E: michael.nenner@fourseasons.com
OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good staff at all levels, clean, and nice, Location is very good. Wildly expensive bar (2 glasses of wine with tip=$50). For the price I expected a "Wow" experience, but got a "Nice" experience instead.

Room Tip: Long walk to elevator if your room is at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear RPH3,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm sorry about the room placement as it might have been too far from the elevators. If you contact me in the future, I can assist in making sure that your room placement and stay is perfect!

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

E: michael.nenner@fourseasons.com
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Four Seasons -- was here for a meeting, and got the "cheap conference rate" room ....2nd floor, view of a street and a wall -- noisy and unattractive. Room had a connecting door (another bane of my existence). Only one elevator bank in hotel, and my room was a ridiculously long way from the elevator.

Worst part was the Television menu --- the remote and menu system was so convoluted it took me 10 minutes to find ESPN. The channels were 103.1, 102.2, etc., so you couldn't punch the numbers into the remote, instead had to arrow up and down (SLOWLY). Finally found a paper listing of the channels (no where near the TV or the remote), but it was still a ridiculous set-up.

Mini Bar prices were OBSCENE --- $40 for a half-bottle of wine (that looked like it had been there for years).

Meeting room, catered food in meeting, and the Bar were fine......

Room Tip: My 2nd floor room was right above a street -- noisy. The windows open for fresh air, but street no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Stoulson,

Thank you for your feedback, but no, it shouldn't take 10 minutes to get to a channel. With our future renovation plans, come the plans to change our On Demand video system. I apologize for the inconvenience with the system and we do have plans to replace it. We also apologize about the room placement and would like to update you profile with your room preferences if possible. Please contact me at the email address below, so I may update your preferences and assist with any future reservations.

As always, we appreciate all feedback as it's a chance for us to improve our service delivery and guest preferences.

michael.nenner@fourseasons.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I travel to Philadelphia, on business, three or four times a year. The Four Seasons is my favorite hotel there. (by far) The beds are luxurious, the rooms are quite and spacious and the location is perfect! You can easily walk a few blocks to some of the best restaurants and shopping in Philly. Oh, and it doesn't SMELL like a hotel!!! This may sound like an odd reason to love it, but for those of you who travel a lot, you know what I mean!! I also love all of there special touches - last week they had hot cider in the lobby. After working a long day, it was so special to have a nice treat the moment I got back to the lobby. I love it here!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear that our hotel is your address of choice when staying in Philadelphia. As we know many of our guests are travelling for business we always try to add little touches to make them feel at home! I will be sure to share your compliments with our food and beverage team. We look forward to hosting you when you make your next trip to Philadelphia.

Best Regards,
Assistant Director of Rooms

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!