“Too good to wonderful to pass up when Inn Philly. ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Misconduct Tavern

Misconduct Tavern
1511 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA 19102-3701 (City Center West)
215-732-5797
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,013 of 3,785 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Bar
Neighborhood: City Center West
Neighborhood: City Center West
Evergreen, Colorado
“Too good to wonderful to pass up when Inn Philly. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Whenever an Philly this conduct is a must at least once on each trip!

Love their bloody Mary's best anywhere within infused Jalepeno vodka ask for a double.

This time had three of their fresh oysters they are always so wonderful.

All of the waitstaff and bartenders and owners are great people.

Fleming will take care of you with a pleasurable smile.

Don't hesitate to go there it's newly expanded and the floors were just redone shiny new.

Collingswood, New Jersey
“Unprofessional; Cancels Reservations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

UNPROFESSIONAL;
DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS;
CANCELS RESERVATIONS - JUST TO EARN A BUCK

I WILL NEVER BE SPENDING ANY OF MY MONEY AT MISCONDUCT TAVERN.

Yesterday (NFL Championship Sunday), my fiancee made a reservation for a party of seven at Misconduct ahead of time, and our reservation was confirmed. Our reservation was at 4:00pm. At 3:30pm, a representative from Misconduct Tavern called my fiancee to tell her that they were CANCELLING OUR RESERVATION, because they had lots of walk-ins and decided to give our table away. Last time I checked, the entire point of making reservations was to ensure you had a table in the event that there were too many walk-ins. Moreover, my friends were coming from 45 minutes away, so CANCELLING OUR TABLE A HALF AN HOUR BEFORE OUR RESERVATION was extremely inconvenient, since now we were scrambling to find other accommodations for a large group (which included children), while simultaneously redirecting my friends who were already on the road. Finally, management had the audacity to offer to move our reservation to the next day, even though the entire purpose of our making a reservation was to make sure that we would be able to come in, sit, and watch the game as we ate and drank.

I have no problem with an establishment that does not take reservations, or does not take reservations on a day where they expect lots of walk-ins (Championship Sunday or Superbowl Sunday). However, to take our reservation ahead of time, then cancel it a half an hour before, is extremely rude and unprofessional. Regarding a party of seven with children in particular, management at Misconduct Tavern should have known that it would be difficult for us to find another establishment with only a half an hour's notice. After already confirming the reservation, I would think that a professional establishment would deal with a slight loss of income that comes from holding an empty table for half an hour, rather than destroy the good will of its customers to earn a half an hour more's worth of profits. I have to conclude that Misconduct Tavern is NOT a professional establishment.

BOTTOM LINE I recommend that anyone considering Misconduct Tavern should look elsewhere. There are too many good places in Philadelphia for you to be spending your money here.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Worst place ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Terrible. The manager did nothing as the bouncer physically handled me and my boyfriend for sitting at a table that we thought was reserved for our party. No reason as to why, they decided they were "annoyed" and threw us out. Is that professionalism!?

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“was not expecting good food from a tavern, but amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Happened to go here because it was semi-close to hotel and seemed to have good google reviews. They had an amazing pear and apple cider cocktail, which was fruity, but not too sweet. Got the duck mac n cheese since it sounded interesting. Hands down the BEST mac n cheese I have had in my life. Also got a tavern burger, which was fresh, well-seasoned, and just the right amount of juiciness. Definitely will be back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bridgeton, New Jersey
“okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A party spot. Do not go for the wine selection. A casual bar with average food. I guess it would be a good beer drinking place, if you like beer.

Visited December 2013