“Flavors of Philly tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of City Food Tours Philadelphia

City Food Tours Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)
(800) 979-3370
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 122 Activities in Philadelphia
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: City Food Tours is Philadelphia's premier operator of public and private food tours of the city. City Food Tours offers unique, customized tours and tastings highlighting Philadelphia regional foods. You'll also explore how the foods are made, have an opportunity to meet culinary experts, and learn what to look for in truly fabulous food. Tours are offered 7 days a weeks and are perfect for individuals, couples, alumni groups, companies, families and out-of-town guests.
New Jersey
“Flavors of Philly tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

I have done 3 tours with City Food Tours and each one gets better.Thanks for a terrific time.
Mary Anne

Drexel Hill
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

My wife and I have lived here forever and the experience we had was great. We learned some new fun facts about the city along with enough great food to last the rest of the day.

Washington, DC
“great activity for couples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

My husband and I took the Center City Food Lovers Adventure tour with Robert on our Philadelphia vacation, and we both loved it! This is a great activity for couples who have trouble finding something they will both enjoy, e.g. the wife wants to go shopping and the husband wants to watch the Eagles game in a bar. Even though it was freezing, it wasn't bad because you only walk a few blocks. Most of the time is spent sitting down in a cafe. Robert, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable about the city in general and gave us good restaurant recommendations. We had so much fun we would have taken another tour while we were in Philadelphia if one had been available.

Toronto
“Nothing Cheesy About This Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

While I can't say enough about the fantastic weekend I just spent in Philadelphia (check out the Loews Hotel for an exceptional place to stay!!), one of the true highlights was the Beer, Cheese and Charcuterie Tour provided by City Food Tours! A crazy friend of mine, along with a couple from New York, a couple from Boston & 4 Desperate Philly Housewives (only kidding, these women were wildly funny!), started out at Victory Brewing, where a private room in this landmark pub was set up with 8 glasses of beer at each place. Who knew making beer was such an ancient art! Erik, our guide, is a real character and gave a fast paced but informative overview of all matters of brews including Honey Wheat, German Pilsners, Vienna Lagers, Amber Ales, Jewish Rye Beer, India Pale Ales and Imperial Stouts. The "Winter Wonder", an exceptional ale with an orange, spicy overtone, was a hands-down favorite! A wonderful (much needed) walk through the historic market area led us to the Old City Cheese Shop where Robert from City Food Tours & a great team at the restaurant introduced us to the nuances of making cheese & producing aged meats that we all love (Parma ham, prosciutto, etc.). Robert knows his stuff! Overall, a great couple of hours. Next time, I plan to check out their wine, chocolate & tea tour - what a way to see a city!!! Note to self: don't try to navigate the stairways of Betsy Ross House after this tour!

“Philalicious! City Food Tours.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

I took the Beer, Cheese and Charcuterie Tour with my great friend from Toronto this past Saturday and LOVED IT.

Erik and Robert are fabulous Foodie Guides - creating a special experience at each stop - Victory Brewing and the Old City Cheese Shop (you need to get back there and enjoy their weekend brunch and movie nights!).

I take all of my visiting friends on the City Food Tours now - a great way to spend a morning or afternoon walking through our great city.