“History can be fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of City Food Tours Philadelphia

City Food Tours Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)
(800) 979-3370
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 122 Activities in Philadelphia
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: City Food Tours is Philadelphia's premier operator of public and private food tours of the city. City Food Tours offers unique, customized tours and tastings highlighting Philadelphia regional foods. You'll also explore how the foods are made, have an opportunity to meet culinary experts, and learn what to look for in truly fabulous food. Tours are offered 7 days a weeks and are perfect for individuals, couples, alumni groups, companies, families and out-of-town guests.
Valley Forge
22 attraction reviews
“History can be fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My daughter and I recently took the Prohibition Tour with tour guide, Judy. We learned fun and interesting facts about the prohibition era and Judy pointed out some Philly and personal family stories that connected with the time. We sampled some great cocktails and had a small taste of some fun food along the way. Our favorite stop was Del Frisco's which was a bank, back in the 1920's. It was beautiful! They turned the old bank vault in to a dining room surrounded by their wine cellar. It was fascinating! I would recommend this tour!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very nice time we had alot of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We did the prohibition cocktail tour. It was very informative Judy was Great at telling us all the history about that time. The 3 different bar/restaurants that we went too the people in each place were very helpful and nice they made you feel welcome. I would do another tour again. While walking from place to place Judy would tell us about different buildings along the way.

Langhorne, PA
10 attraction reviews
“Great sampling of Philly offerings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went this past weekend on the Philly Food Tour with Rochelle and Allison. We had 14 people in our tour and were able to sample some great choices at Reading terminal Market, DiBruno Brothers and ended with a Sorbet and Gelato sampling. We stopped at some interesting places and saw some cool architecture that I'd never noticed after working over 14 years in the City. Fun afternoon- I would highly recommend. And request Rochelle and Allison they were great and very fun and informative.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice idea but nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We did the "Decadent Food Tour" with Rochelle and Allison, who did a great job and were very personable. However, we were kind of disappointed in the tour itself. I've done food tours in other cities around the world, and this one fell way below the bar. The food in Reading Terminal, while delicious, just wasn't very interesting (it certainly wasn't anything I would have needed to pay someone to tell me about), and I didn't feel like I really learned anything or was shown anything new or exciting. The bits of Philly history shared throughout the tour were nice. I would have liked to talk to the restaurant/store owners a little and hear about their experiences and inspirations making the food we tried.

3 attraction reviews
“Food, Fun and History (but not too much!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I gave the Decadent Food Tour to my best friend for Christmas last year and we finally did it! What a great time we had! Started at the Reading Terminal Market for three different tastings, headed up to DiBruno Bros. for cheese and to end the tour a "buffet" of sorbet and gelato! Our guides, Rochelle and Allison, did a great job of keeping us moving, were very personable, extremely friendly and gave us a bit of history along the way! Can't wait to book the next food tour!