Very nice accommodations and very convenient. And quiet especially considering the lively area it is in.
In our case, the room we got did not have functioning AC and it was very hot out. Eventually, after some effort, the staff went out of its way to get us to a room with functioning AC. (In fact we were upgraded.)
The quirky side: one member of the staff seemed a little confused by the AC situation but was quite friendly. Another staff member really took charge and made sure we were taken care of. We also thought it was rather humorous that there was no soap because "the shipment hadn't come in". Hmmm. Couldn't they have gotten some soap from somewhere??
Anyway, overall a good place to stay in Philly with quite nice rooms for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia