We had a wonderful stay, again, at The Independent in Philadelphia, while visiting the Philadelphia Flower Show and Barnes Museum this weekend. We especially appreciated the flexibility of the management in letting us shorten our trip due to an impending snow storm. Even though the booking was dependent on a two night stay, they honored our wish to leave a day early to get home before the storm, and allowed us to keep our same ‘special’ rate with parking. Nick, the afternoon/eve front desk person could not have been nicer and more accommodating. We even got an upgraded room which was lovely. We would definitely stay again at this very nice and well located hotel with excellent front desk service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and BookIt.com so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia