Stayed here for one night to go to a Basketball Game. Was not sure what to expect as you don't actually walk in to a lobby. You need to take an elevator up to the 2nd floor to check in. Check in was fantastic. Our room was two queens and it was huge. Hardwood floor, high ceilings, large bathroom and very clean. The only thing that would have made the room better was if there was better lighting in the room. The breakfast brought to your room is fantastic. I think what makes this hotel even better is the service. I have stayed in a lot of hotels but Eric & Dan really have incredible customer service. No question was too much, they were there to help!! Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a small boutique hotel that takes care of its customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia