The U.S. Open in nearby Merion made it very difficult to find rooms for our annual book club outing. The location of the hotel was fine and the desk staff couldn't be more helpful. While the smartly appointed 2nd floor lobby might resemble other boutique properties, the rest of the property was pretty pedestrian. The duvet had seen better days and needs replacement. While the bathroom was huge, the shower was claustrophobic. Breakfast is brought to the room but there is really no place to eat it comfortably. Also, the quality of the food was very ordinary with croissants from Costco. Philly has some fine bakeries (Metropolitan) and they should explore options. It didnot represent a real advantage nor cost savings.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.