When we booked our reservation at The Independent, we looked at pictures of the rooms. We thought we knew exactly what we were getting and were comfortable with it. The Queen Loft Suite seemed just right for us and our two children.
Suffice to say, we got far more than we bargained for. The room was absolute perfection. The pictures didn't do it justice at all. The hotel staff were courteous, accommodating, and kind. Our one and only complaint? That unfortunately, we weren't able to stay longer.
The hotel is great. Close to excellent restaurants, great bars, fabulous shopping. Everything we could possibly want. Can't wait for an excuse to come back to Philly so we can stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia