I loved this hotel. From the huge room, to the consistently attentive service, to the incredible location (and value), it was a very enjoyable stay. First, the location. The hotel is at 13th st and Locust St, which makes it a 5 minute walk to a multitude of restaurants (along 13th street, and along Locust and Walnut streets; favorites were The Corner restaurant and Caribou-French bistro on Walnut)), as well as a 5-10 minute walk to Rittenhouse square (shops, restaurants, Rittenhouse Park), and a 15 minute to Independence Mall historical area. The desk staff were put to the test by the fact that we had a malfunctioning TV in our room. Nick and Eric tried absolutely everything to accommodate us, including letting us watch TV in other hotel rooms on 2 separate nights! (we would not usually be this obsessed with watching TV, but we are from Boston, and the Marathon bombings occurred the first day we were here). Ultimately, they gave us a generous adjustment on our bill without being asked. Apparently, the plan is to replace all of their cable boxes very soon, but do make sure your TV works before you settle into your room! Julie, another front desk person, was equally accommodating of all of our needs. Clearly, the culture is to truly do everything possible to make the customers' stay enjoyable. A note about the breakfast which is included. Nice is that it is delivered to your room in the morning (you mark a card the night before with choices and a time). However, it is a fairly limited Continental breakfast menu, a boxed breakfast that is DIY (e.g. oatmeal that you need to microwave, yogurts, and the only bread/pastry choice is a croissant). Convenient if your trying to head out in a hurry, but we did end up just eating at Green Eggs cafe down the street, which is scrumptious! Parking was included because we printed out the coupon from the Tripadvisor link. Also liked the decor, the "living room" feel of the lobby. Will definitely come back again!
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- The Independent Hotel
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelClick, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.