Spent two nights while visiting colleges with my daughter and had a wonderful experience. Warm reception at check-in with excellent recommendations for dinner by the staff both evenings. Room was spacious with beautiful hardwood floors, coffee maker with many choices of coffees, mini refrigerator and other helpful anemities. Bed was cozy and room was so quiet we'd never guess we were in a city. Breakfast delivered to the room a perfect way to start the day. Location convenient for walking, metro, etc. Wine and cheese each evening was a great way to meet other guests. Beats a large commercial hotel in ambiance, comfort and the simple feeling of home away from home with the royal treatment thrown in for good measure. Now .... if they could only guarantee admission into Penn we'd be staying there four years strong!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Tingo, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia