This hotel is just neat. The lobby is accessed via an elevator to the 2nd floor. It is small but the rooms are well thought out and the staff is exceptional. Anything we needed, they were going to get it for us. The little breakfast brought to the door is a lovely touch. It's a croissant, yogurt and fruit - but you don't have to search the neighborhood for something to eat.
The only drawback is the lack of a restaurant/lounge on site. There is a first rate restaurant a few doors down - but they only serve wine and fish.
I can't wait to go back - need an excuse!
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.