The Independent is a nice boutique hotel that is walking distance from Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. I was traveling there on business, so the location couldn't be better. The staff were super friendly and helpful, and the room was quite nice. I really liked that breakfast and internet were included in the rate as well complimentary bottled water and hot beverages. Breakfast is delivered to your room each morning at the exact time that you request it, and if you don't answer the door right away, they leave it in a basket outside, which was perfect for me. One downside was that the lobby is on the second floor, so when I was meeting colleagues in the morning and again in the evening, we had to take the elevator to the lobby to meet, then take the elevator again to leave the hotel. That's not that big of a deal, of course, and I would definitely stay at the Independent again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia