The Independent Hotel, Philadelphia, PA ; The hotel occupies the second through fifth floors of its building, the first floor shared by a bar and a seafood restaurant. Since the hotel has only 28 rooms, it fits the description of a "boutique" hotel.
* Central location - 13th and Locust - near theatres, restaurants, and shopping. It is an easy 5-10 minute walk to the Philadelphia Academy of Music, where we attended a performance (play) of Les Miserable.
* Clean and comfortable rooms - including microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV. Bathroom was quite large, but lacked bathtub. Our room was on the fifth (top) floor (there is an elevator) and the room was quiet.
* Continental breakfast (yogurt, fruit, cereal, muffin, juice) left at door, along with USA Today, according to guest's instructions. This was not lavish, but adequate.
* Courteous staff and easy check-in
* Juices, sodas, and coffee available at all times in the lobby. Complimentary wine and cheese available Tuesday-Thursday evenings.
* We like to read in bed. Although individual reading lights were provided, they were inconveniently located.
* Lack of bathtub.
Nota Bene: We stayed Wednesday-Saturday nights. On Friday, a water main in the cellar of the bar burst, cutting off water to the hotel. This was a minor problem for us, as water was restored by 4 p.m. HOWEVER, the hotel saw fit to credit us (we did not request this) for one day's fee ($160). I thought that this was rather generous as we were really not inconvenienced very much.
Summary: The Independent Hotel, Philadelphia, Center City, was a good choice for us. We would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.