We stayed here for our anniversary, the hotel was beautiful! When you check in the man at the deck was as personable as can be. When we walked into the room, it felt like home. Not too fancy just right!Loved the high ceilings. We had a great night walking around the city, dinner at Capitol Grill. It was December 4 and it was 55 degrees. All in all just a great night. We had to leave very early in the morning. A few hours later I receive a call from the manager that the house keeper found our IPAD. I can't explain how elated that she turned it in. It's the holiday's and we would have been devastated. Just goes to show you there are still great people in this world!!! Words can't explain how grateful we were. Thank you for making our Anniversary perfect. This hotel was an awesome find.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.