The Independent is a small hotel in the heart of Philadelphia. Not far from the train (you can walk it - about 10 blocks) and one of the boutique inns in Philadelphia that are cropping up all over town. Someone has spent a lot of money fixing this older building up, new paint, king sized beds, interior decorated color schemes, upgraded new baths. Generally a wonderful experience in the heart and hub of old town Philadelphia. I was in a corner room which faced an interesection. At night this can get noisy as the neighborhood is what it is, funky, city, street action. For the money though and the location the only other place I would consider is the Alexander Inn (another boutique hotel). The place is also well insulated so in spite of some street noise, you can sleep well very easily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia