We were very impressed with the room and the super comfortable bed. The room was very large for a boutique hotel. We walked to a fantastic restaurant and we got a voucher from trip advisor for free parking. We arrived just in time for the complimentary wine and hors d'ourves. The manager at check in was very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was okay, fruit, juice, croissant, and yogurt. It was delivered to the room, which was nice. We did not get a chance to walk to any of the nearby destinations, but next time we are in Philadelphia we will plan to stay at the Independent.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.