We were in Philadelphia when Hurricane Sandy hit: all the flights were canceled, all the shops and restaurants were closed. Stranded, we suddenly had to extend our stay at The Independent. And what a terrific job they did: several members of the staff came in and stayed at the hotel for three days to make sure they could take care of guests. They brought in food and extra wine. They let us know where we could still get sandwiches. They extended our parking privileges free of charge. And they put a cheery face on everything, even as they prepared for power outages and other eventualities. After spending hours on the phone with airlines and car rental agencies that were not at all equipped to deal with the hurricane, we relished the gracious service of The Independent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia