“MUST SEE HISTORICAL SITE!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Independence Hall

Independence Hall
Chestnut Street between 5th and 6th Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)
215 965 2305
Activities: City walk sightseeing, Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were signed in this historic building.
Boca Raton, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“MUST SEE HISTORICAL SITE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were so impressed with how organized and informative this tour was. The park rangers give the background and historical facts pertaining to the significance of what we feel is the THE most important building in our history when it comes to our FREEDOM. It was not too long of a tour and the rooms are preserved so beautifully and authentically that you could imagine our forefathers debating and making history happen.

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Charleston, South Carolina
29 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

You can't visit Philly without visiting Independence Hall. Actually, there's more to see there than I first thought, so I would recommend planning to spend a couple hours there. The park personnel there are well-versed on this history of each of the buildings on the grounds and seem to enjoy telling it, as well as answering questions. You are allowed to take pictures inside the buildings, and there's lots to photograph. With very few exceptions, you can almost walk freely through the buildings. It's really pretty amazing to stand inside the room where the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were signed.

Visited April 2013
North Dakota
5 attraction reviews
“So fortunate to enjoy the tour last week when the government had not shut it down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

It is heartbreaking to think that tourists to Philadelphia will miss out on this tour and other historic tours this week. I plan to take this tour again when I am in Philly next because it was so well done by the dedicated employees of the National Park Service system. From what I understand, I was able to avoid the bigger crowds by touring in the morning in the fall. In fact, I did not require a ticket from the center in advance of the 10 a.m. tour. So impressed with our guide as she made it such an interesting and enjoyable experience. They need to get back to work asap. Seeing the birthplace of our nation was inspirational to say the least. Knowing they were able to compromise and work for a more perfect union made me understand what a group of committed leaders can do together when they have the common citizen's best interests in mind. I toured the Independence Hall at age 6 and it made a lasting impression on me. I feel so sorry for all the local, statewide, national, and international visitors that will miss this amazing opportunity.

Blue Ash, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“My historical history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is where it all began for me and my family. I've been there 3 times and each time had wonderful Park Service tours.

Visited October 2013
Charles Town, West Virginia
34 attraction reviews
“Combine this with the Liberty Bell”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

It's nice to see some things in America are still free. We got our tickets at the visitor center first thing in the morning for an afternoon tour. This gave us all day to explore Eastern State Penitentiary and the Reading Terminal Market. We found meter parking nearby and just made it though security to take the tour. The park ranger was very friendly and shared a lot of facts that we don't learn in American History. Some extremely rude people walked out on him and I am not sure if they were allowed to see anything in doing this. Hopefully not. He mentioned all the tickets were sold out for the afternoon so it would have been nice if they did not take the four tickets they did but anyhow............. it was very awe inspiring and they did a great job decorating the room like it would have been back in the 1700s. Visit the Liberty Bell as well and you can get a great picture in front of the bell with Independence Hall in the background.