“OMG...heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Reading Terminal Market

Reading Terminal Market
12th and Arch, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)
215 922 2317
Activities: Dining, Shopping
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Featuring over 80 concessions, this historic market has something for even the most eclectic of tastebuds.
Panama City Beach FL
29 attraction reviews
“OMG...heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

So much food, so much everything. Most incredible place we have been. Wish I could eat there everyday and try something new. We ate at Franks. Had BBQ wings and onion rings. Absolutely the best we have eaten in Philly. I am southern. I know my wings and anything fried. Eat and be merry.

Edison, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Fun, fun, fun and lots of good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We did not expect a lot from RTM but we were pleasantly surprised. There are a lot of eateries, bakeries, and quaint little shops sprinkled around RTM. We visited the Hatville farm stand we loved all there offerings. The Amish butter and all the sandwich spreads are terrific. We also enjoyed the pretzel place, Hershel deli, Flying Monkey bakery and Sweet Fudge. There is something for everybody. We will definitely return.

CSporer
5 attraction reviews
“This is a must see! Come hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We walked into the Reading Market and could not believe our eyes! Any type of food you could possibly dream of eating is available. In between the food venders are grocery venders selling all kinds of international and domestic ingredients.

We thought it was going to be hard to narrow down our choice for lunch until we stumbled across Dinic's. I ordered the brisket hero topped with sharp provolone and sweet red peppers. My friend ordered the Italian pulled pork topped with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe. Honestly these might have been the best sandwiches I have ever tasted.

Narrowing down our dessert choice was almost impossible. I would suggest cruising by the Flying Monkey (chai cupcakes, pumpkin whoopie pies), The famous 4th street cookie company (chocolate chip cookies hand dipped in chocolate), Termini brothers bakery and Bassets ice cream before you make your decision. It is insanely hard to choose but in the end we narrowed it down to Basset's home made ice cream and amaretti cookies from Termini brothers. I'm pretty happy with my decision but the cookies at 4th street keep calling out to me. I might need to make a special trip back.

If you live within driving distance, I would suggest bringing a cooler. The produce is fresh and cheap (.99 cents for a big bag of red peppers) and the hand crafted meats looked incredible. There is also an entire PA Dutch section but we went on Sunday and it was closed.

There are ton's of other tempting stands, a crepery, home made bath products, even health and vegetarian food that looked delish, there is even an irish pub/bar in the back!

There is plenty of seating available and the bathrooms are spotless!

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Reading Terminal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Amish Dutch breakfast is worth the wait! The bakery outstanding. Great place to grab fast bites, but crowded and limited seats. Some stalls closed on Mon-Wed.

Saint Albans, Vermont
48 attraction reviews
“Very cool local flair, but check the hours!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We popped in and found it to be a thriving, intriguing mix of food, shopping, and visual wonders .. Decided to come back to enjoy a casual evening and dinner there after a day in a conference - but found it closed at 6pm! Wiffed!