“Little bit of a wait, even on a weekday evening” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
1113-31 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)
215-238-1000
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Center East
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Little bit of a wait, even on a weekday evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This restaurant is extremely similar to any of the other Hard Rock Cafes around the world. The service was fine and the food was good. There was a 30-40 minute wait on a weeknight. They will take your cellphone number and text you when your table is ready, so you don't have to hang around the lobby.

This Hard Rock Cafe is located several blocks from the Independence Hall section of the city.

We had a debate at our table about why Taylor Swift's dress was hanging on the wall. Is she a "rock" musician? That is part of the charm of eating at the Hard Rock Cafe, discussing the memorabilia located near your table.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
michael c, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Eric,
Thanks for joining us here in Philadelphia. I appreciate your feedback about our service and food and will pass that on to our staff. Our memorabilia is some of the best in the world. We have well over 73,000 pieces in our collection in over 58 countries around the world. We love to display artists from all genres of the music industry.

• Turkish first
Perth, Australia
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am a HR girl, and check out them all in every city we go to that has a HR, the customer service in this HR would be hard to beat. Food is the same in every HR, but I have to comment on the customer service, it was hard to beat. Cannot remember the girls name that was waiting on our table, but she was very good at her job:-)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
michael c, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for spending some time with us here in Philadelphia. I really appreciate your feedback. If you happen to remember your servers name let me know as I would love to thank her personally in front of her peers. Hope you enjoyed your stay here in our town and safe travels back to Australia
San Jose, California
“Lack of Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Disliked
After being seated, it took forever and nobody really wanted to come and take my food order. Food came out within 20 minutes (during their lunch hour), but no one came around for refills. They no longer offer the customer service survey where you input your comments online and receive a $5 coupon for your next visit; boo!

Liked
Chicken haystack salad was great, and I purchased some Pride pins from the rock store.

Visited August 2013
michael c, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Ed,
I am sorry about the lack of service you recieved in my cafe. If you could provide some more information about your server, I could help them become a better sever and give you the proper service you deserve. Thank you for your feedback as this helps me teach my team.
Lewisburg PA
“Fun times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a blast here! Food is above average for a chain and the drinks were well made and inventive. Will definitely go back soon!

Visited July 2013
michael c, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for the great feedback. I will surely pass it on to my staff
Greenville, South Carolina
“Really not what I remember.... oh well.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I ate here several years ago, and it was fabulous. They have since remodeled and added a local's room. We went into the main part of the restaurant to see a ton of empty tables, yet we waited for at least 15 min. They were about to have live music and were probably saving the tables for that. We would have been out of their way by the time the music started, as we left after eating, no band was playing. We had a server who was really busy or who didn't care much. We had both chicken appetizers. My friend didn't want anything spicy, and we were told what we ordered what NOT spicy. Ha. I loved it, but my friend could not eat it. Really hot. Our server was not interested at all in our experience or even offered for us to have a second drink-which was about the same $ as the chicken. Not being a local, I didn't care about the decor where we were seated, nor could I even tell who's it had been from where I was seated. I would not waste my time or money here again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
michael c, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your visit here to my cafe. We pride ourselves on great food and great service but we did not meet your expectations when you dined with us. Please let me know who your server was so I can coach them and help them give better service as you deserve the best. Thank you for your time