My fiancée and I were in Philly for a convention at the Convention Center. We decided to stay over for one night rather than drive back home for two hours. We reserved a room with a King-size bed. We arrived at 5PM and checked-in with the front desk clerk. When we go to the room, it was a room with twin double beds!! APPARENTLY, THE CLERK DIDN'T TELL US THAT SHE GAVE US A ROOM WITH TWIN DOUBLE BEDS!! We went back down to another clerk and told her that we had reserved a room with a King-size bed. SHE CHECKED THE HOTEL'S DATABASE AND SAID THERE WERE NO MORE ROOMS WITH A KING-SIZE BED AVAILABLE!! I told her that we reserved the room and told her to continue searching. She then gave me a line from the "Seinfeld" episode where Jerry reserves a car rental. She said "A reservation is not a guarantee that we would get the room". We were angry, but remained calm. We tried to get a refund, but she said we couldn't because we booked through a third party. She continued to check the database and offered a larger room but still with twin double beds. After three tries, she signed us up for a complimentary one-day room pass if we go to another Sheraton hotel in the future. Not what we wanted, but we took it and returned to our twin double bed room, since we were tired.
In the room, it was clean. However, the A/C was very noisy. Rather than go back to the front desk, we decided to live with it. We were still upset that we had to sleep on a double bed which was uncomfortable for both of us. Parking was expensive in the hotel for the weekend….it was $20. It was only after we left that we saw the parking lot across the street for $5!! We didn’t stay around this hotel after check-out so we don’t know much about this area. And as far I know, the complimentary room maybe just BS. I will never repeat at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown hotel is near the Franklin Institute, the Convention Center, and many corporations. We have 757 guest rooms, free wifi, and 38 meeting rooms/58,000 sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel
- Sheraton City Center Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Sheraton