“Five stars for ONE AWESOME Concierge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 North 17th Street, 17th & Race Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #53 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Five stars for ONE AWESOME Concierge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I and my guests stayed at the Sheraton for my wedding. The hotel is nice, but the review is about Mary Mastrobuoni. At 5:25am the day of my wedding, my hair and makeup stylist (Nikki of La Bella Sposa), who didn't have the guts to pick up the phone and call me or return my multiple phone calls, decided she was not going to come to the hotel because she found a group of girls going to a prom and she would make $950 vice the $500 she would make with me. Yes, this was my wedding DAY and the company was La Bella Sposa - don't ever use them! Anyhow, that's another review. Since it was so early and I wasn't going back to bed, I went to their gym to work out some stress until the concierge got in at 7am. At 7am sharp, I went to the desk and found Mary Mastrobuoni (who I remembered from a previous visit) happy and smiling. I told her what had happened, and after her expected shock and disbelief, she said she might be able to help me, and to give her a couple hours because it was so early and no one was open.
At 0830, I got a phone call in my room from Mary. She had already found a salon, made an appointment, and arranged a cab for my bridal party and I. As if that wasn't enough, she somehow managed to get me what I'm guessing was the BEST makeup and hair artists in all of Philadelphia. The salon was Giovannni's and I had Robbie do my makeup and Frank do my hair. To be honest, I never would have found these guys because they don't pop up on google when you do a search. But they are hidden gems and I looked a thousand times better than any trial I had ever done. BUT - I would never have found them without my life-saving concierge- Mary Mastrobuoni.
I hope even the guys out their reading this realize how HUGE this was. Thank you so much Mary for saving me a ton of stress and heartache on my wedding day. I can not thank you enough.

Room Tip: Get a high floor - the view is awesome.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Amy G,

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review! We are delighted you took the time to point out the individual team member who made your stay memorable. Mary is truly one of our superstars and we look forward to recognizing her for another job well done. We can't wait to connect with you again soon!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Hickory, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in town for a conference. I was not impressed with this hotel. Our room was just average. When we first walked in the room it was warm, upon inspection of the ac filters we realized they were filthy. We took them out and washed them in the tub. Another thing that was irritating was the bed not having a fitted sheet on it. They used just one flat sheet with a small thin mattress pad underneath it. We were constantly having to tuck the sheet back in and one time during the nite I woke up and realized that the sheet had moved, again and I was sleeping on part of the mattress pad. Everything in the shop downstairs was over priced. Parking was $38 a day. You can go down the street a block and pay $17 a day for their parking. Again, I was not impressed! Everything was overpriced, out dated and they don't mind over charging their customers for an average quality product all because of the Sheraton name.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear agoofygrle1,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are dissapointed that you didn't enjoy your experience more. You certainly highlighted a few areas for us to look into and we look forward to making any necessary improvements. We hope you give us another chance if you return to Philadelphia.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for five days for a conference. I was really apprehensive based on quite a few negative reviews. The entire staff here was excellent! The room was good, but in need of upgrading. Hallways could use a more thorough cleaning. We did opt for the green choice, and did get coupons I used at Starbucks in the lobby, nice surprise. 20 minute walk to Reading Market, 5 minutes to Comcast Center, food court, etc. Parking is extra and pricey, but you are in a big city. Bed was very comfortable and easy to adjust temperature. I was able to have a quiet restful sleep all four nights. I would stay here again and would recommend it, but it really does need some attention to details.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Boombah49,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it is a value tool for improvement. The hotel will begin renovations of our guest rooms and corridors in the next few months and are very excited to have a vibrant new product for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope to connect with you again soon.

long island ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Hotel is in Down Town Philadelphia a good location. A beauitful church across the street,

The Hotel employees are very nice and always willing to help with your luggage and any other issues you may have,while you're staying with them. The front desk ladies that checked us in were bubbly and fun and very helpful.

The rooms:
We have stayed a few times here with little issues, I beleive they are doing minor upgrades so everytime we go back it 's gets better and better.It's a little pricy the place needs more work they offer goods monthly deals if you can get one on the dates that your staying with them. I like the place you can relax. It's usally packet due to all the High School and College Sports being held at the Down Town Area. The Hotel has a nice bar and breakfest area,

It's easy to get around at night time we usally leave the car parked in the garage and take a taxi to the restaurants we like to visit. "Parc" is our favorite-good for Mom and Dads night out ,again pricy for a young family, there is plenty of great regular priced places.

At night just be careful Philly has alot on homeless, we've had "no" issues.It a great little town lot's to do.

Room Tip: We ask for the lower floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear travelers61,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team, they are certainly our greatest asset. The hotel will begin renovations of our guest rooms and corridors in the next few months and are very excited to have a vibrant new product for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope to connect with you again soon.

Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton with my family and some friends and we had a fantastic visit. We were amazed at the friendliness and engagement of the staff, including some of the managers who assisted us. Dan Miller, Frank and Lisa in their banquet dept, Mary at the concierge and Nicole at the bar are some of the names we remember - they were all great. Our room was very clean and you can tell the hotel has been updated in recent years. There was a very large wedding in the hotel and you can tell they were all having a blast. Great job Sheraton; very well done. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Starbucks kiosk in the lobby is a nice touch.
Dear JFLowe,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are delighted your had such a great stay - we can always count on our team to make our guests more comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Pros
Large room
Comfortable bed

Cons
- Location: although it is in the city (about 10 minutes walk from the City Hall), the immediate surrounding area is not attractive.
-- The hotel is surrounded by car parking and building sites. You have to walk at least a couple of blocks to reach restaurants and shops. As a lone female traveller I did not feel safe in this area after dark. Other hotels are better situated.
- Swimming pool: very small, and nowhere to change, no towels. Also, there was no dressing gown in the room to wear walking through the corridors to the pool.
Limited Cable TV channels.
- Check-in. Quite slow and could not get the room until 3pm.

Overall, due to the immediate location of the hotel, I can't recommend it as there are better hotel choices in Philadelphia.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear eloisehawking,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We will certainly consider your feedback regarding our swimming pool amenities at our Sheraton fitness. We hope to connect with you again soon!

Tel Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed there only for one night but the experience was quite good.
Big Rooms, wonderful and wide beds.
Very clean, friendly stuff.
The location is great - right near the center of the city, about 10 mins walk.
The food was quite good and you can get an all-american buffet for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear erankr,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are glad you had such a pleasant experience and hope to host you again in the future.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!