“Great concierge service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 North 17th Street, 17th & Race Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Eugene, Oregon
“Great concierge service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel amenities and facilities were probably average at best, as it appeared to be a older hotel. The Concierge service, which was extremely vital for us to get around was excellent. Mary Mastrobuoni was the person on shift during most of the time we needed assistance and she was extremely informed and simply fantastic with the choices and options she provided. Our thanks and gratitude to her for her wonderful demeanor and making our navigation of the city a far more pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Jay P,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We're glad Mary was able to make such a positive impact on your stay, we'll be sure to recognize her for her efforts! We hope to connect with you again in the near future.

Jennifer Tang
Assistant Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Niskayuna, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel borders less than desireable neighborhoods without many restaurants or shopping within walking distance. The WiFi is free only in the lobby, and is ridiculously expensive if you want it in the room. In this day and age, especially when hotels want to host both vacationers and business travelers, guests might resent having to pay for services that they take for granted when just walking down the street. Additionally, I was disappointed when I realized there is no refrigerator in the room. The front desk clerk told me if I wanted one, it too would be an additional fee. The room is adequate, the restaurant and bar are a little expensive, but are fine overall. The woman who checked me in was rude, and did not provide me with any information about the hotel.
Overall, this is an ok hotel, but when I return to Philly I will look for another place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Hildy R,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations during your stay. It looks like we missed the mark in a few different areas. Please be assured we take your comment seriously and we will certainly use your feedback to address any deficiencies. Hope to connect with you again soon.

Sumter, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We chose to stay here for its supreme location and reasonable price. We got to the hotel no problem and the staff was very nice and timely checking us in! We got a room on floor 7 , which we quickly found out was a dog friendly floor "which we were not told previously" I have a dog myself so I was not bothered by it although the constant barking dogs got old quick, it reminded me of visiting my great uncle at work where he would bet on dogs at the track! The floor was packed with people jamming so many people and kids into a room they had to breath in deep to shut the door to the room!! The room was fairly clean and nice although the floor had more dirt on it than my unfinished basement floor! Then leaving the hotel to go out to dinner and drinks we open the door to our room and the hallway filled our nostrils with the smell of drugs! It smelled so bad we were worried about getting second hand high! We went to the front desk to tell them about the drugs and they already knew we were floor 7 from all the complaints! She then asked if I wanted to go up and go door to door to find the problem which I quickly refused due to lack of a badge and gun. Long story short the greatfull dead concert smell continued throughout the evening and nothing was done to resolve this ordeal! If you say no to drugs say no to downtown Sheraton !!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear S-border,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like an opportunity to discuss your experience further with you - I invite you to please connect with me at jennifer.tang@sheratonphiladelphiadowntown.com or call me directly at 215.448.2726. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Temperanceville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a group of ten woman staying here on St. Patty' day weekend. We had access to the club room. I want to pay a compliment to Elsie Riddick the employee in charge of the continental breakfast and the evening appetizer's. She kept everything well stocked and constantly cleaning up after everyone. She even stayed a little later one night when our group used the club room for our reunion. Her personality and work ethic is a wonderful addition to your Hotel. Please pass on our appreciation to her.

Deb Carcus ( Ms. Deb )

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Deborah C,

Thnak you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We're thrilled that Elsie was able to make such an impact on your stay and look forward to recognizing her for another job well done. We can't wait to connect with you again soon!

Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was a very nice stay at an extremely convenient hotel. The hotel is right off the highway with underground parking (for a fee.) Restaurants and attractions are walking distance from the hotel. I have to say that the staff at this hotel were the most friendly and most helpful of any hotel staff I can remember! The hotel was a little ragged on the edges and could use some updating - but that really did not hamper our visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marmot65,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for taking the time to recognize our team, they are certainly our greatest asset. We are glad you had such a pleasant experience and hope to see you again in the future.

chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed here last week for a conference at another hotel. The place is dated and needs a freshening - but the real issue is that on Thursday am - someone just walked right into the room. No knock, no ring, no yell out ---- just walked right in.

Now, I was right where you don't want to be when this happens!

I yelled - they ran away.

Who knows? An employee, an intruder?

We'll never know.

Makes me nervous about this place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear p-mshires,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We are disappointed to hear that you have encountered such a unpleasant incident during your stay. I would like an opportunity to discuss your experience further with you - I invite you to please connect with me at jennifer.tang@sheratonphiladelphiadowntown.com or 215.448.2726.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!