“Comfortable night of sleep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 North 17th Street, 17th & Race Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Lemoyne, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable night of sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent service at check in and check out. Friendly staff. Room was comfortable. Internet in lobby was not working and needed to pay for internet in the room. Considering sheraton caters to business travelers, one would think free wifi would be a basic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul B, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear JudyTomB,

Thank you for your great review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that your service interactions were top notch! We apologize for any inconvenience with the internet; we do offer complimentary internet access, at the Link @ Sheraton, on the lobby level. We hope to connect with you again soon.

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great location of the hotel (right in the downtown), but not very comfortable beds. Spring mattresses a quite old I believe - gave me back ache. Otherwise no other complaints. Keep in mind about the parking charges in the basement of this hotel. There are alternative cheaper parking options around if you want to save some bucks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Shekhar J,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are dissapointed that you did not enjoy your Sweet-sleeper bed. We understand that paying for parking can be frusturating, but we do keep our prices amongst the lowest in the city. We hope that we see you again if you return to Philadelphia.

Best regards,

Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I checked into this hotel on the 30th of august. Gave them $300 in cash and my debit card to cover anything else. Needless to say when it was time to checkout, someone else checked me out and they gave them my money. Now I work in the hospitality field and I know that naytime there is any monies returned to a guest, that the ID needs to be checked before any monies is given back, and the only person that can get the monies is the one who's name is on the reservation. With that being said, anytime you check into a hotel, you have to always show ID, you can always add other people to the reservation, but they can not check out the room. Again the only person who can do this is the person who's name is in the primary reservation. So be sure to check your receipts thoroughly, because I didn't and am still waiting on a call from the accounting department to rectify this error. DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not get a room with a connecting door, unless its your family
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lorraine m,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience during your stay. Please connect with me if I can help you in any way; payment transactions are obviously a top priority for us, and I do hope I can be of some assistance.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

i really was upset when I first arrive and found my room dusty and bathroom floor with chip paint on the floor also the room was hot the A/C was not working and I guest the housekeeper had a bad day ....,But Mr. Nghia Ngayen I hope I spelled name right he was the night desk clerk because I was unable to sleep do to the hot room I went down stair with a attitude ready to demand another room Ngayen smile and attitude was so pleasant i forgot about being mad he was very understanding to my needs the hotel was booked to its max their was no where else to place me Ngaayen made a manger decision to make the wrong a right Im so grateful he was at the desk and to meet him because Ngayen I rated you guys a 5 and I will stay again maybe when I return Ngayen will be a Manger Good Luck Ngayen in your new position

Lisa

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lisa W,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown hotel! While we are dissapointed that you experienced any issues at all, we are glad that Nghia was able to restore your trust. As you can see from many of our comments, many people agree with us that our team is the best in the city, and Nghia is certainly one of our best!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Came for a convention and first time visit to the city. I received excellent customer service from the front desk and above and beyond by concierge service by Woody...thanks. The rooms were comfortable and the bed was to die for. I am very pleased overall with my stay in the city of brotherly love.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Paul B, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Debra C,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are thrilled that you appreciated the service and had a memorable experience. We are also glad that your enjoyed your Sheraton Sweetsleeper bed! We look forward to connecting with you next time you return to Philadelphia.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

When I checked in I didn't notice that the mattress was completely sunken and collapsed in the middle until it was time for bed and I was too tired to switch rooms. I woke up with a sore back and I swear the mattress was so bad it looked like a folding table. I switched rooms and the new bed was much better but the shower had very little water pressure and kept changing temperature drastically while I was using it. My new room had great views of the nearby fountain and museums. The lobby has been remodeled and the looks modern and upscale but the rooms are just ok. Not a terrible place but has been better during my past visits. The price was low and that was much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jamie Z,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences with your bed and water pressure. We do our best to ensure that guests don't encounter these issues, and are dissapointed that it happened to you. We are glad that you enjoyed your view as well as our newly-renovated lobby. We hope to see you again if you return to Philadelphia.

Best regards,

Wildwood, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

There is nothing like returning to your car late at night after what felt like an even longer day, and not having the car start. What exactly do you do at that point; can they really tow you out of the garage? Do you need a battery? Is there even a mechanic open? UGHHH!
Then I went back to the concierge desk and my fears subsided. Eric Hansen and Woodrow Marshall were FABULOUS!!!!! Eric assisted with calling AAA and explained they would allow the truck in and out of the garage at no cost. Woodrow went to double check his own car to see if he had jumper cables. Their pleasant and attentive attitude and the wonder smiles they kept on their faces just made me know everything would be OK. They saw the stress of my day and my predicament, and they went above and beyond to help this stranded person. THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear KWNoodleClub,

Thank you for your recognition of the service at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! Eric and Woodrow are two ambassadors of our property, and we are glad they were able to exceed your expectations. As you can see from other reviews, our concierge staff is one of the best in the city. We hope to see you again soon, and we'll be happy to give you a another jump if you need it!

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

Been to Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!