“Standard Sheraton in an Awesome City” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 North 17th Street, 17th & Race Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
kuwait
“Standard Sheraton in an Awesome City”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed there for couple of nights during a business and leisure trip. Rooms are clean as expected, luxurious with a nice view on the city. Location is the best part walking distance from almost every shopping and entertainment street. No much action in the hotel itself with few normal restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are approaching a lobby renovation that will bring action into our hotel. There are some great plans in the works that will make our hotel feel electric. Please come back and visit after those plans take shape.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed just one night in a Club room. Nice size room with average amenities. Included free bottled water in the club room, which is a nice touch. Also access to the club lounge for evening snacks/hot and cold, and breakfast. Location was center of Philly near city hall. Very helpful staff and nice lobby bar. Restaurant selection was not that great but 2 blocks south is a great Irish pub called Con Murphy's that has great food and a fun atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our Club Lounge. We thank you for your patronage of our Food and Beverage outlets. Philadelphia does have a lot of great restaurants in our local area. I also agree that Con Murphy’s is one of those great places.
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel as part of a quick getaway from NYC to see the Barnes collection. As usual, I wanted to stay at a SPG chain because of past good experience, so I am overall disappointed by the poor service at this hotel.

Pluses:
The hotel is very convenient for the Barnes Museum and well situated enough that you could walk to most places/restaurants. Lobby is well lit and maintained, very spacious and comfortable. The room we got was generally nice, not the sleekest for SPG, but modern enough and comfortable.

Minuses:
- One of my most lackluster check-in experience, especially for SPG. The front desk person was almost bored to see me and couldn't come across caring less about my checkin. Never acknowledged me as an SPG member (heck, even a smile and just acknowledging me being a member would suffice) and really didn't want to talk other than get my credit card and handed me my keys. Ice cold.
- The room, as I stated above, is fine. However, the shower/tub in the bathroom had issues. There is a panel (I assume for pipe access) right above where you stand that was leaking while I was showering the first evening, so it was dripping on me. The dripping probably came from outside the room, since the dripping did not happen the next morning. The spigot/diverter is either rusted or lodged and require two hands and firm stance to pull it up for shower. The drainage is poor, so I was standing in soapy water.
- The service continues to disappoint. I went down the next morning and informed them of the issues I had with bathroom. I was quite pleasant about it, figuring things do break and as long as they can fix it, whatever. I am on vacation, so let's keep it positive. The gentleman (also very bored) took down notes and told me he'll get an engineer on it. That evening, I return and when I got back to the room, I really don't think anything has been resolved. The diverter is just as hard to pull as before. Drainage still slow. No dripping took place, but I am beginning to wonder if the drip was from above (so maybe I got luck that day). The worst is nothing indicating anyone came to look. Not a note, a message, zip.

I checked out the next day (2 nights) and when asked about my stay, I mentioned the unresolved issues. The lady (the first person that was actually friendly) took more notes, but can't acknowledge if any work was done.

Overall, I am very disappointed by this stay. The general lack of acknowledgement of the customer or their issues is horrible. The lack of follow-up on issues is just out right unacceptable. Very disappointed with this experience for an SPG.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I want to thank you for being a loyal SPG member. I want to also apologize for that not being stated at check in. I want to assure that we will make sure each and every team member recognizes our SPG members. Thank you for taking the time out to let us know about the issues in your bathroom. I hope you can reach out to me so that we can discuss this matter much further. In the spirit of hospitality, thank you.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is very nice and very convenient to all the attractions in downtown Philadelphia. If you stay at "Club" level free food is available both breakfast and 5:30-7:30pm. Rooms were clean and well appointed. If you are driving be aware that overnight parking in the hotel underground garage is $38 to $44. Directly across 16th Street there is an open parking area that charges $5 to park between 5pm and 9am, a FAR better deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure to know that your Club Lounge experience was a great one. I like to let our guest know that we have a package that includes parking. It is called the Philly Overnight Package. Your parking is included for your entire stay with us. The rate is normally at a fair price.
atlanta, ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I don't know what the listed price is but I think I saw $79 for a room. If that's the case, it's not a bad deal. It's a little older but the room was reasonable, fairly clean, comfy bed--certainly nothing very problematic but could use some modernization. Location is fine. There's a big lobby area with a nice open bar/restaurant next to it. I don't know if there are any other bathrooms in the lobby area but if the one in the back of the hotel is the main one, there are some problems. It's kind of run down and even though the hotel is not 5 star, the bathroom is of much lower quality than expected.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are going to have our Lobby area renovated very soon. We are going to make the massive space more appealing to our guests. We currently have two sets of restrooms on the Lobby level. We apologize that the one you used was not serviced properly. On behalf of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, thank you for being our guest.
cocoa beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

For the last 3 years, I have been a guest at this hotel weekly, almost exclusively for business purposes. I am treated well by virtually all of the staff and it is clear that they value me as a guest each time I walk through the door. I applaud management for placing a premium on the customer’s first impressions. There are 3 employees who have been exemplary in their efforts to ensure that each stay is regarded as special. Briana Carree and Candace Wright both staff the front desk and are universally polite, professional and cheerful. Both are able to brighten up even the most dismal day by always conveying such a positive attitude and approach to the guest relations aspect of their jobs. I have personally witnessed them handle scores of guests attempting to check in under crowded and extenuating circumstances. I appreciate all that they do for me and others in doing a great job at balancing each guests needs for the duration of one's stay. In addition, Eric Hansen, Concierge, has taken it upon himself to elevate the guest experience to another level. He repeatedly requests information on my preferences so that he can personalize my stay and ensure that any need that I may have during a stay had already been anticipated and accounted for. On a recent trip to Philadelphia with my wife, the team mentioned in this review collaborated to provide for us an unforgettable guest experience that was memorable for all the right reasons. Food, wine, chocolate and a personalized gift were all waiting for us in the best room that this hotel has to offer. There are many hotel choices in downtown Philadelphia. I stay at the Sheraton because the individuals that make up this team know how to make a difference.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. We will pass along your compliments to our team members. On behalf of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel itself was a good choice. Waking distance to many Philly attractions. Club level amenities met our expectation. Self Parking was $38 a night - what??? There's a cheap parking garage, less than $10 a day nearby. If you don't mind walking, I'd park there.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review. If your travels bring you back in the Philadelphia area, please try making a Philly overnight reservation. Parking is included with your rate.
Regards,

Been to Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!