“Exemplary customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 North 17th Street, 17th & Race Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Muskegon, Michigan
“Exemplary customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

First impressions make all of the difference, and I'm very pleased so far. When I had some questions upon arriving in my room, I called for some assistance. The operator, Sheila, was helpful, courteous, and professional beyond what I would typically expect. I travel frequently for work, and sometimes have less positive experiences with customer service. If everyone here is half as personable, I'm well on my way to having an excellent stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. We will pass along your compliments to our team members. On behalf of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, thank you.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business recently. Good location and within walking distance of many of the larger corporate offices. Staff was courteous, nothing special. Ate at the seafood restaurant in the lobby, expensive and the scallops were burned on the bottom. Room was clean and spacious, furniture looked pretty beat up however. Stayed on the 7th floor while my coworkers who have gold or silver were sent up to the 23rd or 24th? floor. It was very quiet except for the occasional dog barking (not sure why someone has a dog in this hotel but whatever).

Wasn't terribly impressed. I only stayed here due to Starwood being the preferred brand for the company I just joined. Unfortunately I have to come back twice a month for the foreseeable future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. It seems as though we have gotten off to a bad start. We hope that we have the opportunity to redeem ourselves. We take each and every review seriously. Our F&B Director appreciates the feedback on how the menu items are being served to our guests. As a Starwood property we are a pet friendly hotel. Since you are going to be a returning guest, please seek me out when you travel back to Philadelphia. I will be happy to make your future stays enjoyable. I can be reached at 215-448-2000.
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I brought my two children with me for a short spring break vacation. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone from the front desk, to the waiters, to housekeeping. In particular, the operator, Sheila, was incredibly informative and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

New management has made efforts to improve the hotel - replacing the elevators, adding extra lighting, etc. Right downtown, walking distance to most everything, and the staff treats you well if you are a "regular". Shawn in the Club Lounge always greets me every morning, and makes sure I have whatever it is I need. Candace at the front desk is very attentive and resolves any issues I might have with my room (infrequent).

Room Tip: Get a higher floor if possible, and request an odd numbered room (gives you a view of the Art Museum...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank for your review. We are pleased that our team members are doing their part in keeping you as a valued guest. We are in fact making our hotel more modern and comfortable. In the spirit of hospitality, thank you for remaining true to our hotel.
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 4/1/13 with my husband and my son. The room was clean and average, nothing really to note. We ate at the hotel bar for lunch and the food was very low quality and extremely expensive. We also ordered plain pasta with butter via room service and they charged us $23 (including tip and delivery charge). The best thing about this hotel was the location. We were able to walk to museums and attractions easily. I would not stay at this hotel again but I would look to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your dining experience was not a pleasant one. Your experience in our dining outlets will be shared with our Food and Beverage Director. We hope that the dining experience won’t stop you from staying with us in the future.
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Although I am not a choosy person and tend to be satisfied with whatever a hotel has to offer but over the past 15 years of consulting/traveling business, I have acquired some taste of what I call good hotel.
I believe all 3-4 star hotels tend to have similar basic facilities and staff that is professionally trained. What makes me go out of the way and book my room with Sheraton Downtown Philadelphia is entirely the personal homely treatment I have been getting from the employees. There are certain qualities that are gifted and one cannot simply fake them. I tend to spend a couple of hours at the concierge room everyday and I must say one of the employee Mr. Sean Senzor has been my reason to visit this hotel. This young man shows sincere care and passion to make folks satisfied. He actually remembers everyone not only by names but also their families and whatever events they talked about last week. When I meet Sean, I feel like meeting a friend and that's the feeling makes me book my entire year at the Downtown Sheraton. Besides Sean, Tarik at the front desk is also an exceptional person to see. I think the hotel is ideally located near the museum district. There's city parking right across if hotel parking is full. The hotel is well kept and the staff is on their tows to take care of problems. The hotel is slightly aging and the management is constantly upgrading. I guess, I could find another hotel with similar features but it has been the sense of special care that makes me go back to this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We strongly believe that our service outweighs our product at this time. We are aggressively trying to upgrade our product. We know that our service should always be the focal point of our hotel. Thank you for being a loyal guest. We also thank you for mentioning our team members by name.
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were in Philly for a Volleyball tournament - the hotel was in an excellent location - 2 1/2 blocks from the convention center. Close to the historic sites. The Hotel was extremely busy with all the volleyball players and families. But I have to say they were very accommodating. Upon check-in (at 9 p.m) the line for check in was through the lobby but moved quickly they even served cookies for everyone! The Valet staff was very accommodating especially Mark B who actually moved my car from a self park to valet and even got the case of water out of the car and brought to my room! Tom from Valet went above and beyond for us - he brought my car up the night before so I can pack some items - brought it back up in the morning to pack it up and had it ready for us after the tournament so we could just get in a go! The hotel breakfast at The Terrance was okay - the food tasted like it was cooked the night before and then microwaved for service (eggs and pancakes) wait staff was hard to find at first but then they appeared. The Lobby bar was Great - the staff was very accommodating and quick especially when they were extremely crowded - the food was wonderful. The hotel was up to date (except the sign for the entrance -Sheraton Parking we circled the block a couple of times LOL). The rooms were inviting - beds/pillows very comfortable - great water pressure (considering the hotel was at its max) - rooms were clean - bathroom was clean - Kudos to housekeeping! The management staff accommodated us by letting us use one of the floors for our annual Easter Egg hunt THANK YOU!! I would definitely return to The Sheraton!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. That weekend was an extremely busy weekend for us. We are happy to know that in the midst of everything going on that weekend, we didn’t miss a beat with your accommodations and service. We hope your event brings you back to Philadelphia. Hope to see you soon.