I'll admit expectations going into this were mediocre, judging from the outside. But the lobby was well kept (as well as updated), service people were quick to help out in any way they could (without asking), check-in was friendly with advice on things to do around the city. It left the feeling that the staff genuinely care, which you can't say about pricier/fancier hotels(!).
Got a room on the SPG level with a great view of Logan Square/Art Museum. The room looked to have been updated within the past 10 years, so that was a pleasant surprise; the bed was very comfortable. They obviously got the important things right when choosing what to upgrade, with only minor details that could improve. Location was fantastic, a short walk to City Hall and Market St. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown hotel is near the Franklin Institute, the Convention Center, and many corporations. We have 757 guest rooms, free wifi, and 38 meeting rooms/58,000 sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Starwood, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel
- Sheraton City Center Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Sheraton