“Mixed review but overall very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 North 17th Street, 17th & Race Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #50 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Brooklyn, New York
“Mixed review but overall very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This place loses one star ONLY because they add $40 in parking, so a room that costs $120, which is pretty reasonable for downtown in a big city, winds up being $160, which is more than I would want to pay. Additionally, the one start off is because I ordered room service and was embarrassed when I realized I only had a few singles to give the person who delivered it. She was like, that's okay I'll just take that, but when I got the bill there was a service charge included already! So she got double tipped and didn't say anything, and honestly I thought that was pretty sneaky. I didn't like that.
Having said that, the rooms were gorgeous and spacious, beautifully clean and I had an amazing view. Very comfortable!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. Parking in a big city can be a bit pricey. Our $38.00 parking fee is along the lines of what other hotels in the city charge. I often recommend that when making a reservation in Philadelphia, that guests ask for the Philly Overnight package. That package includes parking and the room rate is always reasonable. We are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations. As for room service, there is a service charge that is included. Unfortunately the server does not get the entire gratuity. So she was grateful for the extra gratuity that you gave her. In the spirit of hospitality, thank you.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Rochester, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The bellmen, the front desk, the club room attendant, my concern was their pleasure to help with. My event needed a coat rack, I called, I turned around went to my ballroom and it was being rolled down the hallway to me. Professional, always ready with a smile and a "How can I help?" attitude. It was a working weekend, but we will be back to visit and sleep on that great mattress! THANK YOU.

Room Tip: The view on the 20th and up are breath taking at night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review. We are very pleased that every team member you came in contact with was professional and courteous. It was our pleasure to extend such warm hospitality. We hope you are able to come back to our hotel to get reacquainted with our Sweet Sleeper bed. In the spirit of hospitality, thank you from The Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed the night before a big credentialing exam. From the time I drove up to the hotel to the time I left the staff were most attentive. The valet and bell staff were most helpful, but not overbearing. The front desk staff was outstanding, fast and friendly. If you order room service, you have got to try the roasted half chicken. I didn't intend on eating it all, and I didn't, but I sure wanted to! The WiFi was fast and reliable. Bathroom was clean and upgraded with marble. The only complaint I had was that my bed seemed to be a spring mattress; I don't recall a pillow top, but it was not what I expected from a Sheraton property. The next morning at breakfast the wait staff was extremely friendly and energetic. If I return to Philadelphia, I'll definitely stay at the Sheraton again!

Room Tip: Get a high floor facing the museum. Beautiful at night and at sunrise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were able to find consistent service from all of the outlets in our hotel. We try to maintain the same consistency throughout our facility. I’m sorry to hear that our Sweet Sleeper Bed was not comfortable to you. Please visit us again if your travels bring you back to Philadelphia. We hope you aced your exam.
Rochester, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We run antique shows in over 20 hotels each year and I must say that the Sheraton Downtown in Philly is by far the friendliest and most accomodating of the group. From the front desk to the wait staff, from maintenance to Mary Mastrobuoni at the concierge desk, we are made to feel cared for and special. Couple that with a stunning setting, excellent food, and a to-die for bed, and this is a true 4-star experience and very affordable prices!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Rocky steps!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. We will pass along your compliments to our team members. On behalf of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, thank you.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Usually when I think of Sheraton, the phrase "overpriced and underwhelming" comes to mind. However, this Sheraton was better than most. Check-in was fast and friendly, and the room was a decent size with a nice large flatscreen TV. The bar was very lively when I visited, with good drink and food specials to boot. The Phillips seafood chain has a branch here, but I did not try it out - there is also a restaurant in the lobby for breakfast (which I also did not try) as well as a Starbucks kiosk (which was not open at 4:30pm but was open at 7:30am). The location is very good, just a five minute walk to Logan Circle, the Comcast Center and City Hall. The only thing that prevents an "excellent" rating is the bed, which I found to be quite soft. If Starwood were to put the "heavenly" beds from the Westin in this Sheraton, this would quickly become one of the best hotels in all of Philadelphia. Thanks to all of the staff for making my stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you were pleasantly surprised. Our staff does a great job of making our guests feel at home. I agree that the Heavenly bed provides a great night’s sleep. We normally don’t have any complaints about our Sweet Sleeper bed. The bed itself normally stands out in the reviews I come across. It was our pleasure to make your stay enjoyable.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a fantastic value for the location, size of rooms and cleanliness. The staff is so accommodating. Mary the Concierge was so nice, allowing us to store our bags before our check in time, letting us explore the city and giving great directions to boot! The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very spacious for a Center City hotel. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2013
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Freeport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here two times in three months. Once was for a business trip, the other was for a weekend getaway. Both times the rooms were average, but clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating. There is nothing outstanding about this hotel; however the price is extremely reasonable and it is a good location that allows you to see the town as many attractions are within walking distance..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We also would like to thank you for your repeat business. Most hotels would be happy with the fact that we provided a clean room and friendly staff. We are pleased that those two points stood out in each visit. But we would love to get to the point of being outstanding. So the next time you are here for business or leisure, please ask for me at the desk. I will try my best to make it an outstanding visit.
Regards,

Been to Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!