“Awesome Sandwich Two Days Later” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tommy DiNic's

Tommy DiNic's
1136 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19147 (City Center East)
(215) 923-6175
Cuisines: Sandwiches
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center East
“Awesome Sandwich Two Days Later”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Grabbed a hand carved Pulled Pork sandwich on my way out of the Philly based mostly on rave reviews of the place. They say to get the pulled pork for the bigger chunks and the fact that it is more juicy. Long story short I got a pulled pork with sweet peppers and sharp provolone. After traveling home and an extra night in my fridge, I decided to tackle this beast. I microwaved the sandwich for 45 seconds and dug in. While the sharp provolone was a little too strong for me, everything else on the sandwich was great. The pork was flavorful and still moist, the peppers were perfect and the bread was still great. Ordering was a snap, the staff was friendly and the line moved very fast. Not sure if the few negative reviews are legit or not but for me, this place lived up to the hype. Will absolutely return to Tommy Dinic's next time I am in Philly!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Staten Island, New York
“You can split a sandwich, you just won't want to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

It's the best. We check into the hotel and go straight to DiNic's each time. Do not be decided by the line. It moves quickly. We had always gone with the traditional pork sandwich with provolone or with broccoli rabe. For the first time, I tried the italian pulled pork with broccoli rabe. Ah-mazing. Why did I wait so long? It was juicy and flavorful. The broccoli rabe only adds to the flavor. It keeps it moist and doesn't over power the pork. Next on my list is the sausage.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“DINic's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here many times in the past years and have not been disappointed ...lines are long but go very fast.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Oh my goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I'm from North Carolina and we take our pork sandwiches very seriously. For me to say the roast pork sandwich might have been the best I've ever eaten is treading on some very sacred ground.

But- yummy yummy- even if you've never had broccoli raab - try it anyway- you won't be sorry! ( but I always eat my pork Sammie's with slaw)

Visited March 2014
Scottsdale Arizona
“Hard to beat...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The roast pork with broccoli rabe (also called rapini) and provolone was excellent. The sandwich was juicy without being "soppy" and that contrast of flavors exceeds your expectations. I thought the last time I was there the provolone was "sharper" than this time...maybe a rose colored memory or maybe they changed suppliers. The sandwich was $8.50 + 1.75 for two toppings. There are no "sides" like fries or slaw or potato salad and frankly the sandwich is all you'll need. The sandwich is large, freshly baked rolls stuffed full of pork....everyone finishes because you can't bear not to finish ... though you'll walk a little more slowly and your clothes will be a little tighter and you'll smile a little brighter...all the time saying to yourself ....'I shouldn't have eaten all of that at one sitting.' Hype about any restaurant or meal can ruin your experience....your expectations for the food become unachievable; having said that, I don't believe you will find a better roast pork sandwich (with the provo and broc) anywhere. There is a counter with stools, there is an adjacent "plastic tables and chairs area" but seating is tight at the Reading Market. DiNics is busy from 'early' lunch time onwards....don't think showing up at 11:15-11:30 means there won't be a line....which explains why we went at 10:00 am and considered i

Visited March 2014