“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Maryland
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

This hotel is in a hotel complex area, with nothing nearby, but if you are staying for a night to attend an event at the Wachovia Center or catch a flight, this is a great place to stay. The staff was friendly-almost like they were being watched,-but it was very nice. There was some ripped wallpaper and the refridgerator door was broken, but they are planning to renovate in August. The room was clean and had plenty of towels and pillows. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in! We didn't use the pool or weight room or restaurant (too pricey- eleven something for a buffet breakfast similar to what is free at some hotels). But definitely a great choice for a good night's sleep and friendly service.

Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

As far as Courtyards go, I expected a bit more, especially for a Marriott propery. The room was a good size and there was free internet. The internet did take about 5 minutes to detect my connection, which caused me some concern at first,, but was fine after that. The king-sized bed was confortable, although the comfortor-like piece on the bed made no sense--it looked like a table runner. The bathroom wasn't spotless when I came in. Not that my standards are THAT high, but I expect there not to be any hairs on the floor. There is only shampoo and soap offered--no conditioner, no lotion. The breakfast was okay (eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, pastries, cereal, yogurt), but for the price, there should be more offerings (juice & coffee are not included in the price of the buffet). The staff were friendly and I had no trouble with parking. It was an average stay and I wouldn't be opposed to staying there again if I couldn't find a better deal in the area.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2005

If you are choosing this hotel because of its amenities, please be aware that its shuttle DOES NOT run 24 hours per day. It begins at 5AM and runs every 45 minutes thereafter. Also, its restaurant is only open on weekdays. I chose this hotel via the internet for these 2 amenities and was sorely disappointed. I arrived on a Saturday night. All I wanted was to grab something to eat, soak in the hottub, get a good nights rest, then make it back to the airport for my early morning flight. Upon arrival I learned the restaurant was closed on weekends and the shuttle began at 5AM. I specifically asked how often it ran and was told "All day". I walked to a restaurant for dinner, then changed for a soak in the hottub...it was broken. Now if the broken hottub was the only thing that was wrong with this hotel, it would have been fine, but with everything else it just added to my disappointment. The next morning I arrived in the lobby at 5:10AM and was told the shuttle had just left. "No problem" I thought, "I'll just catch it when it gets back, right?"...WRONG! I was then informed that it ran every 45 minutes. Why the staff didn't tell me that when I asked the night before I'll never know. So, overall the hotel was average. The room was OK, and if their website and staff would have been more forthcoming with shuttle times and restaurant hours, I would have given them a better rating.

• Stayed December 2005
Bergen County, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

Decent alternative to staying in downtown Philadelphia, even for tourists. Saves a bit of money and parking is free. It is about a 15-minute drive into the city, and day parking on weekends is cheap, and in some cases free. It is certainly less than parking at downtown hotel lots.

As for the hotel, the room was clean with few mystery stains. No hair conditioner though, which was surprising. Some newer hotels offer rooms with two queen beds, and this only had two doubles. Free Internet is nice and the buffet breakfast is not a bad deal either. Service was good too.

We found the pool area clean. Nobody checks in there, so if people are not following the rules - as another reviewer noted - you'd have to go to the front desk. Hot tub was just very warm, and pool was refreshing instead of the normal disgusting sauna-like conditions at most indoor hotel pools.

• Stayed August 2005
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

Recently met up with my husband for a "mini-break" at the Courtyard by Marriot Philadelphia Airport.

Pros --

1. Friendly, efficient check-in. Had to sign "no party" agreement -- fine by me! Guests at hotel are not to have more than 5 people in their rooms.

2. Comfortable lobby with WiFi and good, free coffee & tea.

3. Breakfast buffet was very nice and cost $8.95.

4. Clean, nicely decorated room.

5. Very comfortable bed. We stayed in "King Room", which also has a pull-out double-sized sofa bed.

6. Abundance of non-smoking rooms.

7. Very close to airport. Terminal is on east side of I-95 and hotel is on west side of I-95. Free airport shuttle.

8. Except for lobby door, all other entrances to property require room key. Pool and workout area both require room key, as well.

9. Large desk in room.

10. Take-out from local restaurant can be delivered to hotel and charged to room.

11. Nice choice of in-room movies. Used pay-per-view to watch a movie that hadn't yet been released on DVD or premium tv.

12. No problems with water pressure or temperature.

13. Free high-speed internet access in rooms. (If you want WiFi, just go to lobby.)

14. Quiet rooms!

Average --

1. Exercise room could stand to have updated cardio equipment. Three treadmills, exercise bike and stair stepper not exactly latest equipment.

Cons --

1. Parking lot is not fenced in. Signs all over that you park at your own risk. This area of Phila is very peaceful, but still...keep your vehicle locked and watch yourself at night.

2. No "park and fly" packages. Probably because hotel parking lot is not fenced in. (Hint: Airport parking lot is sometimes very crowded with long walk to shuttle stops and even longer wait for shuttle. There are private lots nearby where you drop your car at the office and hop right on a shuttle. Priced the same or cheaper than airport lot.)

3. What is it with the temperature of indoor pools at hotels lately? I guess they save money by keeping the temperature low, but we couldn't swim. It was just too cold!

4. Large hot tub was the temperature the pool should have been -- which is too cold for a hot tub.

5. Hotel policy is that children are not to be in the pool are at all after 9 PM. Hotel policy is also that children under 16 must be accompanied by parent at all times in pool area. Hotel did not enforce policy. We could not stay in pool area due to ten youngsters in a group that were apparently dumped in the pool area one evening instead of staying with a babysitter. They tended to follow us everywhere we went and used the hot tub as a pool - splashing and yelling all the time. We asked them to stop splashing and bumping into us (little boys hurt when they keep plowing into you at full force!), but they got worse. Decided to leavy anyway, due to temperature of water and lack of chemicals in hot tub. (It was "slimey".) We actually picked this hotel for the indoor pool and hot tub. VERY DISAPPOINTED!! They have such a nice pool area...they really should take care of the water chemicals, temperature and enforce their "children" policy.

6. Along same lines -- hotel is supposed to stock towels in pool area. The children seemed to have beaten us to them and they had them scattered everywhere.

7. Restaurant (except for breakfast) and room service only available Monday through Friday.

Still giving hotel above average rating due to overall facility and good staff, but they really should work on the pool situation. If you don't go to the pool (which I admit most people don't), this hotel is just fine. I've read reviews of unclean hotels by the airport, but the Courtyard is clean and well-cared for.

• Stayed January 2005
mahanoy city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2003

Our family of 4 has stayed here on 2 different occasions. Both times were terrific. We got a good, clean, quiet room for a very reasonable price. Quick, easy access to the airport and the sports complex.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2003

We stayed at the Courtyard on July 19, 2003 after a late flight into the Philadelphia Airport. We booked the room through priceline and got a great deal on the room.The front desk was very polite and fast b/c she knew we were tired and wanted to get to bed as it was 2:30 in the morning.We had just returned from Aruba and had a horrible bed all week at our resort. I don't know if this played a role in my opinion of the Courtyard beds, but this was one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on. It was one of those memory foam mattresses and wow did both my husband and I feel good in the morning!I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!