“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Checked into the Courtyard for one evening because of a business meeting in Philadelphia the next day. To my surprise, the room was immaculate! I have not stayed at such a clean brand named hotel like this in such a long time.
The staff was helpful and very friendly. The bistro was a little pricey. A burger, beer and water cost a little over $20.
They are not opened for lunch, only breakfast and dinner.
There is not much to do in the area. There is a Ruby Tuesday approximately 2 blocks away. But really nothing within walking distance.
You're not even a 1/2 mile to the airport...wonderful location! For being so close to the airport, you do not hear the planes as they land or take off.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms towards the back of the hotel. It is very quiet and away from the noise of elevators...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you so much!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Egg Harbor Township
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have stayed at this Courtyard severa times over the years. Our most recent overnight was on March 13, 2014.

We extremely impressed by the design rennovations in the lobby and check-in area. Flat screen televisions that had flight information were a great touch!

The hotel room, as always, was clean and comfortable.

We left our truck there while we were on vacation. Two days after we returned home, my husband noticed the rubber on his window had been tampered with, a dent in the side panel, and an unlocked lock was on his tow hitch (very odd, we know!). Having worked in the hospitality industry for over 20 years, I fully understand that parking is at our own risk. (We even parked under a light.)

My disappointment, however, comes from the fact that I left a message for the manager explaining that I only wanted to provide him with feedback about the truck and perhaps see if surveillance tapes were available. I wasn't looking for anything. I've had no response to date.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. I love that you enjoyed your stay but I am very concerned about two things that you have written in your review. The first is what you have written about your vehicle. We have security 24 hours a day and they patrol the parking lot on a regular basis. The second is that you stated that a message was left for a manager and you haven't received a response back. If you wish to speak more in depth about this issue please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for Veketia or Steve and we can review your concerns. Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Philadelphia Airport.

Steve
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed here the night before our flight in February. Our flight was cancelled in the morning, and we were rebooked on an evening flight. We inquired about a late check out, and they were very accommodating. We could keep our room until 2PM! That was perfect for us! We enjoyed watching the Olympics on the TV in the comfortable lobby sitting area. Our room was clean and comfortable for our overnight stay. We had a cooked to order breakfast at the bar area in the morning, and it was very good. Much better than we expected it would be. We stayed here on the Park and Fly package, but I think the program is no longer offered. The shuttle to and from the airport was very convenient and prompt.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our seating area in the lobby with the large HD TV's.
Cumming, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

The room was o.k. the staff was good, however I arrived late and bought 2 beer and a lean cuisine meal in the pantry. The tap $21.00, that is right. $7.50 for the yuengling, $6.50 for the Coors light, and $7.00 for a lean cuisine frozen meal. Since they do not advertise the pricing in the pantry, shame on me for not asking for the pricing.
After that tap, any taste for this hotel clearly disappeared.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you ver much for taking the time to respond. We do apologize if our pricing structure for our Market Pantry is higher than you anticipated. We do have a pricing tier located in the Market but perhaps it went unnoticed. We do hope that this will not keep you from visiting us again.

College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I come up from Texas every year to catch a Flyers hockey game, and to see the annual Flyers Wives Carnival (they let you meet the players and get things signed by them). I've done it 3 times now, and I hope to continue to make it an annual tradition.... (I just returned from my trip yesterday, in fact).

During each of these 3 times I have made the trek so far, I have stayed at this particular hotel. I have really enjoyed it each and every time, and I plan to stay at this location again next year.

When I checked in last week, the woman at the front desk even remembered me from last year. She even asked if I was there for hockey again. I told her how much I enjoyed staying at this location, and that I was back again.

The hotel is just a few minutes from the airport, and approximately 10 minutes or so from the Wells Fargo Center (via taxi ride). Very convenient! There is also a shuttle that will take you back and forth to the airport when necessary. And, they helped me out by calling me a taxi anytime I needed one.

I was given a room upgrade when I arrived - so that was extremely nice. And, all the staff at the hotel were very polite and helpful during my entire time there.

Unfortunately, on my 2nd to last day there - I pulled a muscle very badly in my back for some weird reason, and I could barely move by the end of that day. I went up to the front desk a few times, and they were very polite when helping me with my requests for some ice (in a bag). I went and got ice from them several times, in fact. Each time, there were very nice and even asked me how I was doing.

As I was leaving the hotel yesterday, one of the maids saw me struggling when I was pulling my suitcase down the hallway (as I was kind of hunched over). She came over and helped me by bringing my suitcase and bag to the front desk area. The shuttle driver was also nice enough to load it for me, and to bring it into the check-in area of the airport, since I could barely stand up straight.

I am stuck at home today, because of my back. But, I wanted to take the time to thank everyone there and write a review explaining how nice the experience was at their hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our team. We are happy that you are one of the family and that we were able to be there for you during your injury. Please be sure to let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better next year!

Thanks again!
Eastern Shore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a great deal that this property offers... as we had an early flight out of PHL. Spend the night and a nominal parking fee is added on to the room rate... and your car stays in their secure lot while you go play. BTW, even though it was five degrees there was a security guard making the rounds through the lot.

This is a standard Courtyard built towards business travelers. It has the same professional and friendly staff that every Marriott property seems to have. As you can see by the comments to the previous posts... management is involved in the operations of their property. BTW, the drivers of their courtesy vans were especially pleasant... even at 4 a.m. when we were leaving for the airport.

It's a nice way to start a vacation... and we took advantage of having a night out in Philadelphia. We'd even stay here if our flight wasn't leaving at the crack of dawn.

Room Tip: You can stay cheaper, but you can't stay better for one night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
It's great to hear that you utilized our park n fly option at the property. I love that you enjoyed yourself prior to embarking on a vacation. I hope you enjoyed that time as much as you did while you stayed wih us.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!