“Exactly What you Expect From a Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
IceWorks Skating Offer
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
staten island new york
“Exactly What you Expect From a Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed here before an Eagles game and I have no complaints about the service. Although I was early the staff went out of their way to make sure I was able to check in immediately. Front desk also gave me some brochures for ordering food to the room and their recommendation was excellent. Everyone in the front desk was friendly and helpful. The Bistro has limited hours so I never went there. My room was spacious and extremely clean. The bed was comfortable. I have only two complaints -- it had recently snowed and no one cleared the path between the front door and the handicap parking spots so I was forced to use the driveway. Nearly broke something when I slipped on black ice -- such a stupid thing to let go. Also, the front desk called a taxi for me to go to the game but did not (and I guess I should have asked) tell me the correct price. Driver refused to put meter on and I know I got beat for an extra $10. Can't blame staff entirely but it was a cab that they called.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. I am sincerely sorry that we didn't have the handicap spot cleared at the time of your departure. We had a team working for 36 hours straight removing snow from the property and this was not overlooked on purpose.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We got stuck at the PA airport for an extra 2 days coming back from New Years trip. Very frustrated we couldn't get out after many hours waiting at airport. Ended up at this property when all options of getting out ended. Pricey but the staff worked very hard in an effort to accommodate our needs. Bistro staff worked extremely hard in the morning to keep breakfast crowd moving through. Front Desk was very personable. Great amenities in lobby area to print boarding passes and get on the web to find out flight status, etc. Shuttle drivers helpful and knew where we needed to go. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the comments you wrote. I'm so glad that my staff was able to turn a bad situation into something a little more bearable.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed on December 9th before our flight to Punta Cana we took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel the driver was very friendly. The room was nice and clean which is a plus they have a Bistro but it's a little pricey so the shuttle took us to Ruby Tuesday's we walked back that's how close they are which was nice overall this is nice place just for a overnight stay.

Stayed December 2013
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a comment regarding my hotel. I'm very pleased to hear that my shuttle driver was hospitable.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at this property for the 2013 Army/Navy game. Having been in Philly many years for the game, we decided this year to stay near the airport. I made the reservations in April and "touched base" with them on occassion to make sure we were all still a "go".

I have ZERO complaints about our stay there and I am SO glad I made our reservations here!! Be sure to call them before your arrival for their shuttle to pick you up from the airport. EVERY member of their staff (did you see that EVERY SINGLE ONE!) was kind, professional, and courteous. Even when we brought outside food in and were about to sit down in their food/bar area, the young lady POLITELY told me that we couldn't bring outside food in and sit in that area but we could go over to the other side of the lobby. I mean....she was so nice about it!!! THEN....with all the comings and goings, I left my small purse (you know those tiny ones you can only take in to NFL stadiums?) down in the lobby for HOURS...they called me to tell me and when I retrieved it.....EVERYTHING was still there.....i.d's....credit cards....cash. It had been discovered by a member of their staff who promptly turned it in to the reception area. WHAT A BLESSING!!!! Took the free shuttle back to the airport the next morning. SO CONVENIENT!!! This property has nicer rooms than the ones we had stayed in downtown before, is safe, and has a great staff!!!! One piece of advice for Army/Navy families: our mid was there with his car which we used to get to the stadium. I am not sure how you would get there and back without a vehicle.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
That is such a great comment to leave. Thank you so much for your feedback.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, after flying to PHL airport and before taking our connection flight.
The hotel is a few minutes' drive from the airport, and has a shuttle which is very convenient – although you should be aware that if you decide to take a taxi you might have a problem – since most of the airport taxi drivers don’t like to take such a short drive…

There is nothing much around the hotel, and if you want something to eat, you will find it difficult to find any good choice. There is a "bistro" in the hotel, but I didn’t think the limited opening hours, variety of food and prices being far from desirable. I decided to walk to a restaurant Ruby Tuesdays and they had reasonable prices for food. For example a beer is 7.50 and at Ruby Tuesdays it cost about 4.50.

They have a small gym and the pool area is nice

I believe most people will choose to stay at this hotel because of its proximity to the airport – and this is the reason I stayed there

I would say that this is an average Marriott hotel – size of room, cleaning, services. The Front desk people were excetionally nice and even wrote me a personalized note thanking me for staying. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay.
Trumansburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I missed our connection to San Fran by minutes, after flying standby for the next flight to San Francisco - along with a number of other people - we decided to re-book seats on a flight the following afternoon. I booked a room at this Courtyard Marriott near the airport via Orbitz, hoping we would be comfortable and be able to enjoy ourselves a bit since we wouldn't be able to truly start our trip as planned.

Needless to say we were VERY pleased to have happened upon this hotel! My first interaction was to call from the airport and ask about early check in (just before noon). Jennifer answered the phone, and was immediately helpful. Yes, they had a room available and yes, they had a shuttle that could come pick us up - thank you, Jennifer!

Jennifer is also who greeted us upon arrival to check in, and she was truly welcoming and helpful. I must add that all of the staff we interacted with were also friendly and helpful. The only regret I had was that I had not packed our bathing suits - they have an indoor pool!

Room Tip: Their in hotel cafe was great! If you like fresh salads, I recommend the spinach, as well as the kal...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We will definitely commend Jennifer.
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This Courtyard location is great for anyone taking a flight out of Philadelphia International Airport. We stayed here one night prior to an early morning flight. We parked our car in their lot and had the shuttle bus take us to the airport and pick us up upon our return. It's about a 10 minute ride to the airport.
Our room was clean and quiet. We ate a casual dinner in the lobby restaurant. It was also very good. There is a moderate charge for leaving your car in their lot but it is less than other options. They also have security at this location. Staff members were outstanding!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!