“If you need a hotel at the airport....STAY HERE!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
IceWorks Skating Offer
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Nashville, Tennessee
“If you need a hotel at the airport....STAY HERE!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at this property for the 2013 Army/Navy game. Having been in Philly many years for the game, we decided this year to stay near the airport. I made the reservations in April and "touched base" with them on occassion to make sure we were all still a "go".

I have ZERO complaints about our stay there and I am SO glad I made our reservations here!! Be sure to call them before your arrival for their shuttle to pick you up from the airport. EVERY member of their staff (did you see that EVERY SINGLE ONE!) was kind, professional, and courteous. Even when we brought outside food in and were about to sit down in their food/bar area, the young lady POLITELY told me that we couldn't bring outside food in and sit in that area but we could go over to the other side of the lobby. I mean....she was so nice about it!!! THEN....with all the comings and goings, I left my small purse (you know those tiny ones you can only take in to NFL stadiums?) down in the lobby for HOURS...they called me to tell me and when I retrieved it.....EVERYTHING was still there.....i.d's....credit cards....cash. It had been discovered by a member of their staff who promptly turned it in to the reception area. WHAT A BLESSING!!!! Took the free shuttle back to the airport the next morning. SO CONVENIENT!!! This property has nicer rooms than the ones we had stayed in downtown before, is safe, and has a great staff!!!! One piece of advice for Army/Navy families: our mid was there with his car which we used to get to the stadium. I am not sure how you would get there and back without a vehicle.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
That is such a great comment to leave. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, after flying to PHL airport and before taking our connection flight.
The hotel is a few minutes' drive from the airport, and has a shuttle which is very convenient – although you should be aware that if you decide to take a taxi you might have a problem – since most of the airport taxi drivers don’t like to take such a short drive…

There is nothing much around the hotel, and if you want something to eat, you will find it difficult to find any good choice. There is a "bistro" in the hotel, but I didn’t think the limited opening hours, variety of food and prices being far from desirable. I decided to walk to a restaurant Ruby Tuesdays and they had reasonable prices for food. For example a beer is 7.50 and at Ruby Tuesdays it cost about 4.50.

They have a small gym and the pool area is nice

I believe most people will choose to stay at this hotel because of its proximity to the airport – and this is the reason I stayed there

I would say that this is an average Marriott hotel – size of room, cleaning, services. The Front desk people were excetionally nice and even wrote me a personalized note thanking me for staying. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay.
Trumansburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I missed our connection to San Fran by minutes, after flying standby for the next flight to San Francisco - along with a number of other people - we decided to re-book seats on a flight the following afternoon. I booked a room at this Courtyard Marriott near the airport via Orbitz, hoping we would be comfortable and be able to enjoy ourselves a bit since we wouldn't be able to truly start our trip as planned.

Needless to say we were VERY pleased to have happened upon this hotel! My first interaction was to call from the airport and ask about early check in (just before noon). Jennifer answered the phone, and was immediately helpful. Yes, they had a room available and yes, they had a shuttle that could come pick us up - thank you, Jennifer!

Jennifer is also who greeted us upon arrival to check in, and she was truly welcoming and helpful. I must add that all of the staff we interacted with were also friendly and helpful. The only regret I had was that I had not packed our bathing suits - they have an indoor pool!

Room Tip: Their in hotel cafe was great! If you like fresh salads, I recommend the spinach, as well as the kal...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We will definitely commend Jennifer.
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This Courtyard location is great for anyone taking a flight out of Philadelphia International Airport. We stayed here one night prior to an early morning flight. We parked our car in their lot and had the shuttle bus take us to the airport and pick us up upon our return. It's about a 10 minute ride to the airport.
Our room was clean and quiet. We ate a casual dinner in the lobby restaurant. It was also very good. There is a moderate charge for leaving your car in their lot but it is less than other options. They also have security at this location. Staff members were outstanding!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here one night because it was close to the airport. I was on business in the state and needed a place near the airport the night before my flight home. I use Marriott on a regular basis due to business. This one is extraordinarily busy/obviously popular. The lobby was packed during the evening hours.
My room was standard but in need of a really good cleaning; the carpet was worn, the heating unit had some sort of wires hanging out of the top of it. The toilet had trouble flushing and the sink would gurgle and black stuff backed up out of it all on its own. The Bistro has a Happy Hour so appetizers and drinks were a pretty normal price. The shuttle runs every half hour so that's a bonus. For all the people, the room was pretty quiet. I might try the Renaissance next time, but this is ok for one night if you don't have high expectations.
This is room #200, so make sure you don't get that one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your honest feedback. I am happy to announce that we have a rooms renovation scheduled for early 2014. Many of your observations will be handled at that time. We hope that your last experience will not keep you from trying us again in the future.

Thank you!
Aliquippa, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I came into Philadelphia from Pittsburgh to purchase a motorcycle. We chose this hotel as it was close to the airport. I was so thrilled that we selected the Courtyard. The rooms were extremely clean and our housekeeper had left us a little note telling us to enjoy our stay. That was a nice little touch. The front desk staff was just as friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is planning on staying in the PHL area. You will not be disappointed. Thank you again PHL A/P Courtyard, we totally enjoyed our stay with you!!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor on the courtyard side. Enjoyable patio sitting you can walk to out of your s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! Actually, my Assistant General Manager remembers you in great detail and still thinks you are the best wife for getting the motorcycle for him: "Wife of the Year" indeed. Hopefully, you will come back and see us soon. Thanks again!
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel was very helpful to our family, we had an early flight the next morning. We were able to get a good night's sleep and then catch the shuttle to our terminal the next morning.

We watched football in the lounge area for a bit before retiring for the night, it was a relaxing place to be.
Our beds were comfortable and we had no idea we were at an airport hotel, it was wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments! We are happy that you were able to relax here. Please do come back and visit us again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!