“HORRIBLE” 2 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #65 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
“HORRIBLE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel looks nice on the outside Ugly. And dirty on the inside. We only stayed there for one night.our stay was horrible I don't know why but it was When we got there we had to wait to get into our room and then they gave us the wrong room key we opened somebody else's room and they had there stuff and everything in there ThankGod there was nobody in there.second we went down stairs to ask for the right room key and they gave us the right one The SECOND time then we had to fly out the next morning si we asked for a wake up call she said ok then at night we where in bed and the next thing we here is Gun ahoys and we instantly woke up it was so crazy then we where late for our flight beacause they did not give us the wake up call we could of missed our flight and we would of blamed it on them if we did but thankfully we didn't. Our stay was horrible we will not be staying here again I did not enjoy our one night stay at all

• Stayed December 2012
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about our Hotel. I do see that your review is about a stay here in December 2012.. Due to the nature of this review i cannot verify your reservations. I would certainly like to address any concerns you may have. Feel free to contact me at the hotel main phone number.

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
Phiiladelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed on a Saturday night since I was going to a concert at the football stadium. The hotel is very convenient to the stadiums (Phillies & Eagles). I used my points so I did not have to pay for the room but it seem pretty expensive for the area. Check in was quick and efficient. The room was fine also. Nothing fancy but about what I expected and it was clean so that is what is most important. The restaurant was awful though. UGH. I would never go there again. We waited 5 minutes to get seated (it wasn't that crowded) and almost 1/2 hour before we got a drink. I ordered a burger which was fine but my daughter ordered a kids pizza and it was practically raw. She couldn't eat it but it took so long to get the food that we had to leave. There is nothing else in the area so we went to the restaurant again for breakfast. Again, a big disappointment. Food on the buffet was not good and cold. I would reccomend the hotel if you can get a decent price but eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Our room (519) overlooked the pool and Citizens Bank Park so that was really cool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We appreicate your feeback and i can assure you that the concerns you have raised have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken. I apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced in the restaurant.

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Wonderful place to stay considering some negative reviews. Friendly service, clean room, nice bar and convenience store in lobby with Starbucks. Amenities were there to make a great stay. Walking distance to stadium and short drive to downtown. Breakfast was okay but convenient. Prices can be high for a room but you should expect that considering the location in a major city. I used my priority points and cash so I spent only $70 for a room. Upper floors overlook city or stadium. Would definitely stay again.
Also must compliment the welcoming, friendly and accommodating staff. On the way to the room we were warmly welcomed by Connie and Gabby. People like them make a great stay.

Room Tip: upper floor have a great view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read your review and i am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay here at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium. We appreciate your feeback and we look foward to your future visits.

Astoria, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Greetings,

I was here July 14th for a friends bachelor party. We were in town for the Money In the Bank event at the Wells Fargo Center. The best man booked the suite. It was pretty huge. We had three beds, decent bathroom, kitchen area with stools, microwave and full fridge. We had an amazing view of the city of Philly. The best part was that all three stadiums were right behind the hotel. Wells Fargo being the furthest. It took me 10 minutes to make the walk. The highways were right there as well. I took a taxi from the hotel to 30th street to catch my bus it was 22 dollars. There was a pool in the back that seemed well kept. The only issue was that when we tried to check in early they said they "didn't have our room in the system" which was weird. If your in town for a game stay here.

Create Memories!

Scott

Room Tip: The best for sporting events at any stadium. About 15 minutes from the city.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your business and appreciate your feeback. We look foward to your future visits.

General manager
Elkton, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed one night for Justin Bieber concert at the Wacovia center. The front desk service was friendly and curtious. We arrived around 12:30 and even though check in time wasnt until 4 they had us in our room by 2:30. We hung out by the pool until we got into our room. The pool was OK, the pool really of could used a skim of all the bugs but the kids didn't seem to mind. The room was clean with a nice view of down town Philly, we were on the 11th floor. The a/c could of worked better and the hallways were verry hot, the room never got under 77 no matter how low we turned it. When we left for the concert we decided to take a taxi due to it was over 100 degrees out and I have health problems that won't allow me to walk in that kind of heat. Took the taxi awhile to get there, I even had to check with front desk to make sure they called. She was verry curtious and even called to check on it for us. Our only real disappointment was the restaurant. It was advertised that on concert nights they usually stayed open later, so we opted not to eat at the venue because it was so expensive there and when we got back it was closed. So I had three starving teens and had to try and scrounge up junk food from the expensive vending machines. Went down to the restaurant the next day before we left to have lunch and stood at the entrance while a sever stood at the register and ignored us. Finally we asked if we should seat ourselves and he said sure. We found a table and had to wait another 10 min before we asked the other table if there were any servers ( the only other customers in the restaurant), they yelled across the room to the same guy who ignored us at the door and he finally came over and gave us menus. Food was just OK, not worth the price I payed ( by the way their were no prices on the menu they gave us). For the price I payed (225.00 w/tax) I would have thought the hotel would have been a little more upscale but you couldn't beat the location if your attending an event. All in all my teens had a great time but I think that had more to do with Justin. Lol

Room Tip: The lower the floor the better the a/c seems to work
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreicate you taking your time to write us about your experience at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium. We appreicate you feeback and we apologize for any shortcomings. I will certainly forward your comments over to our Restaurant Management so that we can make necessary change to avoid any similar issues in the future. We do share all the comments that we receive from our valued guests with all of our staff members, and we retrain them on the issues that our guests finds unacceptable.

Once again we appreciate you business and look foward to see you again in the future.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here last night to attend the Eagles concert. We have stayed here many times to attend concert's and football games and it was fairly priced and clean? I do not know what happened! But there are too many other choices than spend $200 for an awful hotel.
Let me begin by saying the carpet on the 4th floor is frayed, lifting and their was garbage all over the carpet. Now let's discuss the room, it was decently clean but the bathroom smelled like urine and my shoes stuck to the floor! I told the front desk and asked if someone would go up and clean it, by the time I returned from the concert NO one had been in the room!
We decided to have dinner in the sports bar before the concert, that was another mistake! We both ordered a glass of wine, awful wine, we did not even finish it and we sent our chicken fingers back, they were not cooked!! What is going on?!
If it was not for the location this has become a dump! You can be as well located but it is a waste of your money! Stay a little further away and at a better place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking your time to write us about your experience at this hotel, and i do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We have recently found out that there have been fake reviews posted for different hotels by thier competitors. Due to the nature of the review, we cannot confirm your stay via this survey. I would appreciate it, if you can please contact me at the hotel Main number 215-755-9500 and ask for the General Managers extension so that i can assit you.

Your comments are very valuable, and we do all of complaints very seriously. I would await your phone call.

Once again, thank you for review and look foward to speaking with you.

Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Phildelphia Stadium for 4 nights recently. Staff was friendly and helpful at check in and out. The room was clean, bathroom was very small and had a ceiling leak in the access panel over the toilet. Ice & Soda machines on every other floor and not as convienient as you would like. The A/C unit under the window had exposed electrical wiring that would not be good if you had a small child staying in the room. Reported both of these issues to the desk.

The sports bar was good for after business hours enjoyment. A few negatives the draft beer was warm, fortuantely we were warned by other patron, on the 3rd night a couple of the bottles of beer we ordered were also warm and they were out of a couple of liquors we requested.

Overall the location and majority of the experience at this Holiday inn was average and it would not been too hard for them to get a higher rating if they just managed a few other minor details.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 8th floor or higher on the Stadium side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feeback and i can assure you that eventhough the reservations details cannot be verified thru this review, We will address your concerns with our staff to make sure that we fix any of the shortcomings that you exeprienced.

We appreciate your business and look foward to see you soon.

Tushar Shah

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium? Share your experiences!