“Snowed in and well cared for!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #65 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Ottawa, Canada
“Snowed in and well cared for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was snowed in and unable to travel back to Ottawa, Ontario this past February. The folks at United Air were less than caring and provided a slip of paper with a global telephone number to find a hotel room in Philadelphia. After several attempts, I finally got through to the the Holiday Inn Stadium and booked a room at a very affordable rate. When I got to the hotel, the Front Desk employees, Zanita and Thuy were very compassionate and took extra care of me, and another woman who was also stranded overnight. They helped us locate a suitable restaurant, find a drug store, called us a cab, provided toiletries, arranged a shuttle back to the airport the next day...all the while being understanding and simply going the extra mile.
When you are stranded in a foreign town, in a foreign country, it is the little things that matter, to make you feel comfortable. The Holiday Inn Stadium staff did that and more. Thank you Zaneta and Thuy!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I came in with my wife for our anniversary. i had ordered room service, where my room server, jessica, very quick and had everything right ! My wife and I are very pleased and hope to spend our next anniversary at the hotel, thank you.

• Stayed March 2013
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel to attend a Flyers game last week, To be honest, this was not my first choice. But due to the location it was the most convenient. Despite some of the reviews I read in regards to the hotel, we had an excellent experience. The rooms were nicer than expected, very clean. The staff was extremely pleasant. Before the game we stopped in the restaurant located inside the hotel. The food was good, our waitress, Donna, was very helpful.She answered all our questions and was very attentive. We did not have to ask for anything, The service alone is enough for us to come back. We look forward to staying here again. Overall, our experience here was above par!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here to attend a 76ers game and you surely can't get better than this. I don't know what a room costs during football season but it was worth it when I stayed this time. I guess it is attributed to the arena, field, and stadium all being right next to each other, right away when you enter Philadelphia and great to have them all within walking distance from this hotel.

I wished I had checked out anything else in our hotel but we didn't really have time. The room was impeccable and just a huge step up from the room I stayed at at the Days Inn in Long Island City the night before. I haven't seen how ridiculous the prices could be during football season but unless they are completely unreasonable I could see about booking this hotel for any sporting event when I come to Philadelphia hands down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in Philadelphia in 2012. The location played the most important role in our choice.
We chose this hotel online for a stay. I was with my husband. I was a bit skeptical about it after reading some reviews on the Internet. However, we were both quite happy with the accommodations. The lobby was welcoming and the room was very large, spacious and clean. TV sets in the rooms. The other hotel areas are very clean, with good views the most time of the day! The staff is kind, helpful and professional! The breakfast is repetitive and poor but I enjoyed very much our cup of coffee every morning! I'd recommend this as a good place to stay if only you are not expecting high quality service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Gloria F,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am pleased you liked the location of our property and found our staff to be professional. It is hugely motivating to receive positive feedback from guests like you. Though we would have preferred you had a better breakfast experience, I am pleased you enjoyed the coffee served. We take all feedback negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lititz, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium after we attended a concert at Lincoln Financial Field, it was so convenient to not have to fight traffic after the concert! I would mention that if you stay here after a big event it can be quite noisy and expect long check in lines, but to me the convenience was worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us about your stay at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay and that this location was very convenient for the venue that you were attending.

We look foward to your future visits, meanwhile if there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tushar Shah
Menifee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

After driving across the country and staying in 6 different hotels, this one was the most expensive and also had the most problems. My flight was delayed due to inclement weather in Denver, so I accepted the voucher for a discounted stay at Holiday Inn Stadium. I got the shuttle to the hotel and checked in.at a discounted rate of $85. The room seemed clean and it had a very nice view of the city. After a while I noticed a puddle on the bathroom floor and the sink would not drain. I called the front desk and someone immediately came up to check it. He replaced a pipe under the sink and fixed the toilet. Then I tried to use the small in-room coffee maker to make coffee. It was dusty, as were the bags of coffee and condiments. I rinsed everything and poured water in but it got clogged and sat piping hot in the brew basket. I gave up the idea of having a cup of coffee. In the morning I received my wake up call at 6am just like I had requested. I then received another call at 6:05 am. It was the shuttle driver telling me it was 6:30 and I was late for the shuttle.
If you decide to stay at this hotel, check the plumbing, check for dust and hope your shuttle driver has gotten a watch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Nikulsinh C, Chief Engineer at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for bringing your concerns about yourstay to our attention. We regret that your stay with us was not entirely satisfactory. Since then we have correccted the issues you mentioned. We hope you to return to our facilty and experiance a happy environment.

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium? Share your experiences!