“Consistantly excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Hartford
“Consistantly excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stay at the Holiday Inn Stadium about once a year. Everything you can expect from a "quality" Holiday Inn. Clean and friendly. A great sports bar on the property. Close to all the major Phili sporting events. Walking distance to most. I strongly recommend this property. NOT NEAR DOWNTOWN, a drawback for those who want to spend a lot of time in the city.

Don't take a cab from the airport. Take the Lady Liberty shuttle from the airport ($10). The hotel offers a free shuttle back to the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your business and i am glad to see that you recommend our property ot other fellow travellers. We are convinently located off Interstate I-95 and I-76, and provide great value to our customers. We have a free parking rate and also a convention rate that suits our travellers needs and can be a huge savings. We thrive for our customer feeback and you willingness to share your experience is greatly appreciated.

We look foward to see you again.

Tushar Shah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I enjoy staing at this hotel frequently. Very convient to the professional basketball arena.
Hotel staff is the best. The front desk's Tyrene W. is great. Very pleasant to talk to and
very helpful. I look forward to staing here many more times.
Jay C from Reading, Pa.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your compliment for our front desk staff, and i am glad to hear that are able to enjoy your stay here at the Holiday Inn Stadium Philadelphia. If there is anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this place in June 2012. Used this Holiday Inn as a base to visit Philli with the family. Friendly staff, free car park, excellent pool service, stadium view. Stadium is within walking distance. Definitely reccomend !

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad to read your review and see that you were able to enjoy your stay here at the Holiday Inn Stadium Philadelphia. Our goal is total guest statisfaction, and review like your are truly appreciated. We hope you see you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Stadium due to a cancelled flight. It was the hotel that the airline had discounted rates for due to a flight cancellation. Thought this would be a rough extra night but it turned out to be a real pleasure. Nice rooms that were more than adequate for my needs in a very new and nice hotel. The sports bar was also very accommodating. The best part of all though was our shuttle driver Steve. This guy was extremely prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous. Going and coming from the airport Steve was fantastic. Steve single handedly took all of the potential anxiety out of a bad situation and got us where we needed to be while providing a multitude of pertinent information. Bravo Steve!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us about your stay, And i glad that you choose the Holiday Inn Stadium Philadephia for your loding needs. I will certianly be sharing this review with Steve, and he would be thrilled to see that words of appreciation you shared with us. We are looking foward to your many more visits here in Philadelphia.

Sincerely

Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and i stayed at this hotel while I was in town for a conference in Philadelphia. When i booked this room i requested a king room. When i Checked in, they told me they were sold out. I said how can you sell out of a king room, if I have a reservation? After a couple minutes of discussion, we were placed in a king room. I thought they were sold out????? LOL. The room itself was very nice. I was told that they have a shuttle to the airport. My conference was at a hotel near the airport. I wanted them to drive me to the airport and i would walk the short distance to the conference. They told me they cant do that, as i ahve to be getting on a plane in order to ride the shuttle. After talking with the Shuttle driver, he agreed to drop me off at one of the terminals, only to find out, the hotel only does drop offs and not pickups. So my wife had to come and pick me up from the conference. Why would you offer a shuttle service only one way? That makes no sense.
The restaurant/bar in the hotel was very nice. Had a great time there on Saturday night. They have pool tables, which is awesome. They run a bucket special, $10 buckets of Miller products. The only catch is, you only get 4 beers in a bucket. Every bar that i ahve been in usually puts 5 or 6 in a bucket. Nontheless, it was a nice stay. The walls are kind of thin, but not a big deal once you finally fall asleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your business, and also taking your time to write us about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Stadium Philadelphia. We apologize for any inconvenience the trasportation may have caused, and can certainly discuss this over the phone,why we offer transportation one way to the Airport. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of the specials in our restaurant. It is thru feedback like yours, we scale our efforts in making sure that our customers are satisfied. We look forward to have you as our valued guest again and again. Feel free to contact me at our Hotel number should you have any futher questions or concerns.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have read the negative reviews of this property and just scratch my head when I read things about noise level, security and party atmosphere.
Folks, this hotel is PLOPPED DOWN RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THREE SPORTS VENUES for for FOUR Professional Sports teams as well as one of the facilities being Philadelphia's largest CONCERT VENUE. It is NOT un-common for the tailgate party to START at the HI hotel bar. If you checked in here for a weekend get away or a peaceful night's sleep while ANYTHING is happening in the buildings behind the hotel, you've made a grave miscalculation.

I have stayed at this property numerous times over the years (I work in the music industry) and this hotel is always clean, always has a friendly desk staff, has a great bar and has gone through a MAJOR re-hab recently.

It is safe (armed night time security) convenient and close to the airport if you are flying in for an event and then back out.

If you want peace and quiet, look at Center City and commute to an event at the stadiums or arena.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the highway. AVOID rooms by the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for wirting us about your experiences at the Holiday Inn Stadium Philadelphia. We appreciate you choosing our Hotel for your lodging needs and thank you for noticing the changes we have made. We are constantly looking for our customers feeback and make necessary changes as it fits our customer needs.

Your business is very valuable to us and mainly your trust in our Brand is also greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Lake Tekapo, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is just minutes walk away from the sports stadiums so I would stay here again if I was attending a game, however it was an oldish hotel that was clean but not sparkling! It's not luxurious, but ok for a passing night!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium? Share your experiences!