“Great Location BUT a little tired” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Location BUT a little tired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here with my son. We booked a Bellevue Suite that could use a rehab. Our room was very tired and actually had uneven wood on the floor. We both kept catching our feet on it. The location can not be beat though. We did enjoy the breakfast on the top floor. With so many choices in Philly I am not sure we would stay here again AND we are Diamond!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Perfect - Location, Staff, Room Size, Views, Bed, Health Club.

I travel to Las Vegas a lot, and you get spoiled by what you get at the resorts there. I actually felt like this was as close to that style as you could be. There is a mall inside with shops and dining, we overlook an atrium from our room, that of which one side is all windows, how cool! I really see why this hotel is a little pricey but it's every bit worth the money. Enjoy your stay!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

i'm a hyatt regular - stayed at this hotel 7 nights. if you like:

-staff barging in your room without permission while the privacy sign is on (twice)
-staff talking loudly in the hall while you sleep
-staff calling you on the phone repeatedly while you sleep
-drunken wedding parties yelling in the hall while you sleep
-crying babies screaming in the night while you sleep
-slow inadequate elevator service
-unfriendly staff who pushes $20/night extra room with one bed instead of the two you need
-lukewarm showers, at best
-no comedy central

...then this is the hotel for you. i'm a big fan of hyatt and a big fan of philadelphia - but this was unfortunately not the stay i had hoped for on a trip during my birthday.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a two day stay, I can't think of even one little problem with the Hyatt at the Bellevue. My room, while basic, was clean and well furnished. I did call the front desk about a problem with the TV. Within two minutes a man came by and quickly made a minor repair. The adjacent health club has every fitness and spa equipment one could easily imsagine. I stay at about 40 hotels a year and this one has the very best gym and pool I've ever enjoyed. Finally, the location is right in the middle of Center City Philadelphia, two blocks from City Hall and the busiest subway juncyion in the city. I attended 2 games at Citizen's Bank Park, transportation back and forth was really easy and quick. All of the hotel employees I encountered were unobtrusively helpful and professional, especially the housekeeper. The front desk staff was always ready with a free, cold bottled water, always welcome on an August day. This is my new Philadelphia regular hotel!

Room Tip: the better rooms face outward, with even numbers.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed at The Hyatt Bellevue for one night to attend a family function. I received an upgraded room which was a nice size and had a good view. The staff was also very pleasant. What I found disappointing was there basically is no lobby and since I arrived early I was hoping for a place to sit while waiting for my room. There were just two side seats that were both taken so the option was to go to their restaurant on the top floor, go to the food court ( there are shops in the same complex) or stand. I had lunch at the restaurant( good food but limited menu) and returned to the lobby. Still no seat available so I stood for awhile. The front desk clerk realized I was waiting and found a room for me fairly quickly. I agree with some other comments that it can be a bit noisy at night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I genuinely enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Bellevue. I love the classic aesthetic and the history of this hotel, the rooms were comfy and very private. The furnishings and decor could use a bit of freshening up but that's a small issue to me. Hyatt Bellevue has convenient parking and a mega fitness center on site. I enjoyed exploring the hotel, especially the ballroom and staircase. With shops like Ralph Lauren and and cafés like Starbucks at your doorstep, you can't lose.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a view on Broad Street on a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

They have kept this old hotel in terrific condition. The rooms are large and feature semi-updated bathrooms. The bed was wonderful. The biggest negative would be noise. I heard too much hallway noise and the guests staying in the room across the hallway were having a party into the wee hours. I mentioned the disruption to management at check out and received a sincere apology and 5000 Hyatt miles. It was nice to stay at a hotel that cares about guest satisfaction.

Room Tip: try for a high floor, careful with the courtyard, I had a view of a brick wall.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt at The Bellevue? Share your experiences!