I stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip and had a positive experience. The location is central, with easy access to the cultural venues, Rittenhouse Square, and a tremendous variety of restaurants. It's in a safe neighborhood.
The front desk and cleaning staff were extremely friendly and helpful. When I asked about wi-fi, the front desk staff told me that there's a daily charge, but that it would be free if I belonged to the Hyatt frequent customer program. She signed me up on the spot without my having to fill out or sign any forms. My room with two queens was huge, about double the size of most hotel rooms with two beds. It was quiet, except for occasional sirens that I could hear through the windows (I was on the 14th floor).The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the water pressure was excellent, and the water didn't take long to get hot. The bathroom was modern-looking and clean. The closet was about 4 feet wide and had standard wooden hangers (not those funky hangers that latch onto special hooks). The room did not have a safe, but had a small refrigerator. The padding on the ironing board was miserably thin and the diamond pattern of the board itself kept coming through onto my clothes. The iron worked great. The large, flat-screen TV was excellent. I noticed that one of the bulbs on one of the sconces and the bulb in the make-up mirror were burned out.
The carpeting in the hallways was a bit dated and in need of cleaning. We had several meals as part of our business meeting. The food at every meal was superb. I also heard that the food in the XIX restaurant was very good too.
I would stay again at this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt At The Bellevue Hotel Philadelphia
- Hyatt At The Bellevue Hotel
- Park Hyatt Bellevue
- Hyatt Philadelphia
- Park Hyatt Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificently restored historic National Landmark, the hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Philadelphia's business, restaurant, shopping and theatre districts. Featuring 172 spacious guest rooms, this historic luxury property appeal to all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Amex, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere, Agoda and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt at The Bellevue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.