“Very accommodating three night stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #37 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Very accommodating three night stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Hyatts are typically out of my price range but I enjoyed my three-night stay for a business conference. Staff was very helpful and accommodating; room was clean; and housekeeping stopped in daily. The AC always worked, room had a comfortable king bed and a nice walk-in closet. Great walking location to site seeing and the subway.

I was however a little bummed to find out that the hotel doesn't have vending machines for late might snacks or a 24 hour convenience store (I felt that the area wasn't the best place to step-out alone as a tourist for food late at night) but that was my biggest let down. I would stay again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times and although it's very old, it is always in good shape and the personnel is very friendly. It's very well located and it's not very expensive. The building is very classic and the breakfast buffet is very good, although a little expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, they always have plenty of available larger rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed here a few times, and there are definite plusses. The employees are terrific, the location is excellent, and the rooms are nice. XIX is a very attractive bar/lounge with great happy hour prices on (very watered-down) drinks. Boutros in the food court downstairs has the best Greek salad anywhere.

The problem? You're in a sealed room, and THE AIR CONDITIONING DOESN'T WORK.

Each room has its own air conditioner, and as I've travelled from room to room I've noticed that not a single one works. You check in, you set the thermostat on HIGH FAN and 60 degrees. And when you check out you notice it's still hovering around 80.

On my last trip, I woke up at 4 am drenched in sweat. I called "Guest Services," and the woman gave me a couple tips she said would get the AC to work -- turn the desired temperature UP (yeah, that makes sense) and set it on AUTO. She actually offered to SEND UP A FAN. I thought, lady, I'm a business traveler, not Cho-Cho San. Twenty minutes later I agree to have an engineer come up and look at it. He tells me the "Guest Services" tips are completely wrong, and discovers the filter is two inches thick in lint. He replaces it and STILL five hours later it's approaching 80 in my room.

Sadly, that's a fatal flaw for me, and I won't be back. I don't care how nice the place looks: I want to wake up with a smile on my face. I DON'T want to wake up when it's pitch black outside to throw clothes on and force these people do their goddarned jobs.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The building this Hyatt is located in, The Bellevue, is an outstanding and gorgeous older hotel that has been completely renovated and upgraded. I was very impressed . All services are in the hotel or within a block or two. I am definitely going to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Reception, housekeeping, room service all lovely but the room was pathetic. There was a huge blackened wad of old chewing gum in the center of the carpet and the paint was chipped off the bathroom mirror in several places.
I had to request bathrobe, slippers and most amenities. Very stingy. Fridge but no mini-bar contents. Shabby towels. WTH?
I did have a delightful dinner from room service. 2 eggs up perfectly with brocciolini and baby potatoes. A bottle of cold tea, and a coffee was 37 USD.

The next morning I called for a pot of coffee. 17 USD. ??? They removed it from the bill.

I had to leave a day early due to a medical emergency at home and the hotel along with Expedia were gracious in authorizing a refund.

• Stayed August 2013
Delaware, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was our second stay at the Hyatt for a Phillies game and we were warmly welcomed back by Gary. He made the check-in process so smooth and efficient. We were offered glasses of wine as well. Our room was a beautiful corner room - 1430 that was tastefully decorated and very clean. I love the walk-in closet! The bathroom had a bidet. The linens were immaculate and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The train stop is right on the corner. Now the Phillies - blowing it after 7 hours of play - that's another story!! You will love the Hyatt!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

going to start of saying same as the previous review... Location is just perfect... 2 blocks from City Hall and the Mosaic Temple and close to the other historic atteactions. The surrounding streets are full of retail shops and restaurants. Right in front of the hotel is the stop for The Big Bus Company. There is a Starbucks in the hotel. You can valet park for $38 or self valet for $28 in the same adjacent garage with in and out priviledges. Yes there was wine being offered in the lobby or tea at earlier hours. Staff were all very nice. Room was large but I thought it needs updating. It was confortable but I could tell the pillows and featherbeds were beginning to get stiff. The towels also felt old. The curtains on the window and shower are totally outdated. I understand the building is old so some fixtures just go with that... like the doorknobs and sink faucet, but the showerhead can get upgraded to a rain shower, it seems nice to a hotel of this category level. We had issues with a noise coming from the toilet. The water just started to bubble up through the pipe up the toilet. I thought it was going to overflow at some point by itself! The restaurant is at the last floor (19th). Buffet breakfast was not that grand... but you could also go a la carte which we did and was ok. Our waiter was super sweet and nice, forgot her name, short hair...

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hyatt at The Bellevue? Share your experiences!