“Time for a Renovation” 3 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #28 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
“Time for a Renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Hyatt is finally falling my list of favorite places to stay in Philly. The rooms are tired with older furniture, cracked sills and door jams, peeling wallpaper, you know, old hotel things. Also, staff seems tired. But for Pavel, who went way out of his way to satisfy us, rest of front desk staff had an attitude of quiet resignation. "Sorry, nothing we can do..." However, Pavel got it done. We will not stay there again until it gets a facelift. The Four Seasons is a better choice for now.

• Stayed April 2013
Christine N, Director of Rooms at Hyatt at The Bellevue, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. We are disappointed to hear that our staff did not treat you as you deserved. We are pleased that Pavel exceeded your expectations, but you never should have felt anything less than cared for and valued while staying at our property. I apologize that you stay did not meet your expectations and I thank you for taking the time to make us aware of our short comings, as this is how we improve ourselves.

I wanted to take a moment to inform you that last year we did renovate 40 of our guest rooms. We will complete the remaining of our guest rooms, corridors, elevators and lobby at the end of this year into the beginning of next year. I understand that this does not improve your previous stay, but I do hope that knowing this, if your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, you will consider giving us a second opportunity to provide you the level of service Hyatt pride's itself on.

christine.nerone@hyatt.com

479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Located in the heart of the city, this grand old lady still has the charm from yesteryear. The rooms are spacious and the hallways still have a classy look to them. There is a Starbucks located in the front of the property which made it very convenient to get my morning buzz.

Room Tip: Request high floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback of your recent visit with us on trip advisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the historic charm of our hotel. We have a lot of pride in our property and are so glad that you had a pleasant stay.

Please come visit us again soon!

christine.nerone@hyatt.com
Central New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The location is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The lower level food court is a real convenience when you are in a hurry. The bar on the top floor has great views of Philly at night. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We spent a night at the Hyatt at the Bellevue. Devine location, huge, lovely room. Yummy breakfast served beautifully. In general, old world charm. Would definitely go back. Philadelphia is a wonderful city - lots to do, and many good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location. Our room with 2 queen beds was HUGE!! The room was clean, comfy and had a great feel to it. The front desk has various chandeliers which are beautiful. The lower level of the hotel has a varied food court. Near the hotel are A+ restaurants as well. Definitely will stay again when visiting Philly!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a beautiful old hotel right in downtown close to most everything. The lobby and public areas are very nice with marble, etc. as one would expect from an older building. The rooms are spacious and clean, if somewhat dated (renovations are soon to be done). Lobby bar on the 19th floor is very nice with an excellent view.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance of shopping,sightseeing,yogurt shops,and the hotel itself is attached to shopping .
The room had every but a stocked refrigerator.Quiet,easy to sleep. Nor The best pillows but okay.
My favorite part was the front desk
staff,the valet parking, gym,food. Very good. I booked he Room through Hotwire and they had no attitude about that at all.When I didn't need the second night I had booked,they didn't even charge me.When I couldn't find my credit card when I arrived and had to all home for a card and authorization from my husband,they helped me and never embarrassed me. I was there for a quick extremely stressful low budget film shoot, and I was nervous as I'd never shot with this company before.This Hyatt helped me feel confident, comfortable and helped me have a successful trip. Special thanks to Adrienne.

• Stayed March 2013
Christine N, Director of Rooms at Hyatt at The Bellevue, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regading your recent visit with us. I am so glad to hear that our staff made you feel comfortable and at home during a stressful time for you. I hope the film shoot went well and best of luck to you in the future.

Christine.Nerone@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt at The Bellevue? Share your experiences!