First the good news: This old hotel has been beautifully restored and feels grand. The chair lift into the hotel was quiet and easy to operate with staff always prompt and helpful. Our room was clean, had a spectacular view, and was very spacious, making it perfect for a wheelchair user like me. The doorways were wide and doors easy to manage. Towels and toiletries were thoughtfully placed within reach in the bathroom which was also very large, giving me plenty of turning radius for the chair. I loved the sink which was both accessible and included lovely counter space. The adjoining sports club to which we had free access is fabulous with a full range of free weights and machines accessible for wheelchairs. The staff was helpful and accomodating. I especially loved the arm bicycle. The Pagano's Cafe served healthy and yummy food.
Now the bad news: Even though advertized as an ADA room with tub, the bathroom inexplicably had no grab bars. The closet only had a high bar that was hard to reach. We could also hear all the hall noises. That's it--everything else about this hotel is great.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt At The Bellevue Hotel Philadelphia
- Hyatt At The Bellevue Hotel
- Park Hyatt Bellevue
- Hyatt Philadelphia
- Park Hyatt Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificently restored historic National Landmark, the hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Philadelphia's business, restaurant, shopping and theatre districts. Featuring 172 spacious guest rooms, this historic luxury property appeal to all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt at The Bellevue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.