You added Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8880 Bartram Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Philadelphia - Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel was very clean and a lot of renovations were completed with no interruption to the guests. That was impressive, including internet upgrades, brand new workout equipment, new laundry machines, new carpet and floors throughout the entire hotel.
Every single need I had was met with kindness, professionalism, and friendly. The staff here is really on top of what's important to them, the guests.
The manager, Marie Comer, has complete respect and admiration from her staff keeping everything running very smoothly.
I contract a lot all over the country I always found this company to be very good, this one is number one in my opinion.
I highly recommend this hotel.
Ismael Diaz

Room Tip: Well for the summer for the males, overlooking the pool:-)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

What a disaster. Four of us stayed here as a last resort after all flights out of Philly were canceled. Gross. Stains, cigarette burns, fleas, and puddles of urine. Add to that all the shady caracters (I believe prostitutes and pimps) made for an unforgettable night. No shuttle, no cabs, no wake up call (my room did not have a clock). We all slept in our clothes. Next time I will sleep on the floor of the airport. I am not exaggerating, this was disgusting!

Room Tip: Bring mace
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% completely enjoyable. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we take your review seriously, which is why I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. It reminds that we always have room to improve.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of other brand locations.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I will start by saying that the manager for the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel on the other hand was a disaster. There were strange smells inside both my room and a friends room, there were stains on all of the carpets and the carpets were no longer flat which made wheeling luggage down them a pain. The bedding was stained, there were pieces falling off of the furniture and counters, they give you one serving of coffee for the in room machine, shampoo is not supplied unless you ask at the front desk and the free "high speed" internet is actually high speed light and is very slow. Not that it is a big deal, but the tv's are old CRT's and the channel selection is awful. After having stayed at another hotel earlier in the week in Bethlehem PA that was an older building but WAAAY cleaner and up to date, this Extended Stay Deluxe felt like cruel and unusual punishment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Airport. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Seabrook, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was attending a wedding on Friday evening, so I booked a room at the Sheraton Suites. I wasn't able to book a room for Saturday because the hotel was sold out, so I found the Extended Stay on Expedia. The check-in staff were very nice and the room was clean. It has a full kitchen (stove, microwave, dishwasher, large fridge) which was great. However, they do not have a ice machine and the fridge only had two ice trays. So if you need more ice, you will have to go out to buy it. They also advertise continental breakfast but don't tell you they only serve it on weekdays. The first floor carpet was a little funky and the rooms could stand an remodel, especially the beds. The mattress did not fit the boxspring and it was not the most comfortable. I will say overall it was unattractive but clean. If the property is upgraded it would really be a great litte hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Rhonda,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. Keeping this bar stocked at all times is a must for us, so I have met with our hotel management and staff and presented your comments and will be opening the breakfast bar during weekends.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. in, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking Agathe Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Buckeye, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Lets see where do I begin? I stayed in room 114 9/20-9/22. There were two double beds, and 4 lamps in the room. Only 1 lamp worked, the box spring on both beds were tattered and stained and the frame was not attached to the wall. Its supposed to include eating utensils and pots and pans. There were two plastic cups so worn and stained my wife and I refused to drink out of them. Just for the heck of it I opened the oven and it looks at though it had never been cleaned. There were unknown stains in the bathroon in several areas along with a big wad of dark colored hair in the corner near the bath tub. It looked as though the maids were either on strike or just didn't give a damn. The staff was friendly but that was the only positive about my two nights in this filthy hotel. The television is from the 1980's and there was only 1 chair in the room. I cannot imagine this room being an extended stay. I've seen jail cells with more ambiance. Do yoursel a favor and stay away from this extended stay hell hole!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Toronto Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Generally speaking the hotel was drab and unappealing. Front desk staff was helpful but the property is unattractive. We were upgraded to a much better room than booked an this made the stay tolerable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Initially stayed at an Extended Stay around the corner from the Deluxe because they were out of rooms. That trip was from hell so I was able to stay at the Deluxe for free. The lobby is small and cozy. The exercise room is small as a walk in closet with 3 treadmills. Wi-fi is NOT FREE!

I loved the location of our room because it was all the way at the end of hall. We were not between two rooms just one to our left. I was close to the exit and was able to view my car out of my window.

I mention that as a plus because guest, I assume they were guest, were in and out constantly! They were leaving rocks to keep the door open. It made me a bit nervous but I guess no one from the street would walk into the hotel.

Our room was clean. The bed slept okay, nothing fancy. The big chair had cigarette holes and wires sticking out that it almost tore my shirt. I never sat in the chair due to the holes but hubby found it comfortable. The let out couch was great for the kids.

I hated the fridge because you had to stand away from it to open. It was very annoying and it never got cold. The freezer worked well. Bathing the kids was a choir because we had to use a rag to plug the drain. My hubby left his toothbrush and they have signs stating how they could provide you with one. I went to the front desk and they did not have any however fresh sheets and blankets were available.

Shopping is close by so if you had to go to the grocery store or to Wal-mart, it is convenient.

In conclusion, the bug traps were visible from behind the couch and corners of the bed. It was a free stay and again, I don't think I'd go back. Extended Stay and Extended Stay Deluxe is not for me and my family!

Room Tip: Any room at the end of the hall that stands alone and only next to one room like room 101
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.

Address: 8880 Bartram Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Philadelphia - Airport)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Ranked #70 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia-Airport Hotel Philadelphia
Extended Stay America Philadelphia
Philadelphia Extended Stay
Extended Stay Philadelphia

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.