“Not Recomended” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Milton, Pennsylvania
“Not Recomended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The rooms were VERY small. There was no heating or cooling controls located in the room. Front desk has the only control over the tempture of your room so all night was hot cold hot cold. I had asked and paid a reservation for a queen non smoking, however the bed was a full or double at most. The room I was given was half painted and still had painters tape in the walls and the bathroom had a cracked sink. On the plus side, the hotel is nicely located in the middle of center city. Restaurants,clubs, redding terminal market all within close walking distance. Hotel staff was very nice. Wish I could say the same thing for the hotel manager. All in all I would find a different hotel and will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Look at your room before you pay for it.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn Center City while in town for my niece's wedding. We found it to be clean with very spacious rooms. Also, the location is great for downtown shopping and sight-seeing. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RodeWayCC, Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving a post on TripAdvisor after your stay at the Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia. As hospitality professionals here at the Rodeway Inn we are constantly trying to see how we can better serve our guests. When someone takes the time to leave a comment, good or bad, we use it as a learning experience to enhance our customer service and then through ongoing training of the staff we always work towards getting better.

As the person held responsible for setting the standards of guest services here at the Rodeway Inn I enjoy seeing a review like this because it let's me know that I not only teach our interns and new staff but I also practice what I teach. I try never to lose sight of the fact that as guest services agents from taking the reservation, checking you in, helping you plan your sightseeing, checking you out and getting you safely to the airport is what we do best; "One guest at a time"...

When I see comments like the one you left it makes me thankful that it appears we hit the mark with you!

Please consider making a return trip to the Rodeway Inn and call me direct to book the reservation. I will extend whatever consideration I can and I hope on your return visit that we will again hit the right mark with you.

Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This budget hotel has a good location in downtown Philly close to the historical district, downtown shops and the special Reading Market. It's handy to the SEPTA subway to the sports complex and a short bus ride on PHAST to the museum (free for seniors). If driving the one-way maze of downtown Philly, you're GPS will get you to 1208 Walnut (on the left), but there will probably be no street parking out front, so use their designated parking garage slightly before the hotel on the other (right) side to avoid getting too far and back into the maze. The hotel is all that ordinary people need for a few days visit to Philadelphia and the service was great (thanks Dawn!).

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Kilwinning, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ideal location most places within walking distance and surrounded by loads of lovely restaurants. Staff were all very friendly and helpful especially Dawn and Brian who were always answering our questions and helping us out. The rooms were great, nice modern interior and plenty of space. Would recommend this hotel and price very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
RodeWayCC, Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 1 week ago

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Brian Krason is such a nice person. He upgraded our room from double to Queen for free. He also helped us a lot in our trip in Philadelphia. He is basically the best. The Room is clean and has its own bathroom.
The bathroom is big. There is free coffee, water and newspapers.

• Stayed December 2014
First, thanks so much for the kind words...

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

clean, excellent customer service,people are very kind and helpful. I took the USMLE step 2 CS and the testing center it is not far. (< half an hour including the walking).
close to all amenities and especially good food stores (the main Market closes at 5 pm) and shopping (Jefferson gallery), you can walk and enjoy the beautiful architecture of this city.

Room Tip: choose a room with a bathroom inside. do not hesitate to call reception if your neighbor is putting...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving a post on Trip Advisor after your stay at the Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia. As hospitality professionals here at the Rodeway Inn we are constantly trying to see how we can better serve our guests. When someone takes the time to leave a comment, good or bad, we use it as a learning experience to enhance our customer service and then through ongoing training of the staff we always work towards getting better.

When I see comments like the one you left it makes me thankful that it appears we hit the right mark.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Right near the city center, the friendly staff was great in helping me to get where I needed even in the early hours of the morning when I needed to catch a flight. The rooms have very modern interiors that provide a cozy ambiance that is rare to see in my experience.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Philadelphia, PA 19107

Been to Rodeway Inn Center City? Share your experiences!