“Best Value for Downtown Philly - Auto Not Advised” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Medford, Oregon
“Best Value for Downtown Philly - Auto Not Advised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived to a very friendly front desk manager Dawn. She even helped us get bags out of the cab. Nice selection of fruit was available. No breakfast. The room was excellent in every way with modern furniture, very comfortable pillowed bed and very clean. Of course all choice hotels have microwave and frig. The bathroom was updated with large shower. Would not recommend driving there - limited parking on street, garage extra. Location is near historic sites. Bus routes and good selection of eateries close by. WiFI worked very well. Overall we were very happy there and would come back again.

Room Tip: Be nice. In Philly they don't suffer fools.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Baroda, Gujarat, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Self with wife stayed in the hotel for two nights. It is a single man management hotel. If all-in-one General Manager, Bob is not available / off-duty, you can be certain nobody knows anything excepting check-in & out. Bob is generally helpful. We got groundfloor room which probably is for handicapped. Room was uncomfortable & stuffy & stale and congested with just basics, no provision to even keep a suitcase somewhere. Hotel doesn’t have any restaurant, but there are many around where one can go.
On the plus side, hotel location is simply great and in the heart of “HAPPENING area”. Advice don’t take groundfloor rooms.

Room Tip: Never stay in ground floor rooms. Hopefully upper floor rooms would be better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RodeWayCC, Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 5 days ago
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving a post on trip advisor after your stay at the Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia. As hospitality professionals here at the Rodeway Inn we are constantly trying to see how we can better serve our guests. When someone takes the time to leave a comment, good or bad, we use it as a learning experience to enhance our customer service and then through ongoing training of the staff we always work towards getting better.

Sorry you didn't like our ground floor European Suites. Yes, they can double as handicap as they need no elevator and they have access from the street. Sorry you felt cramped. We definitely get mixed reviews on these.

When I see comments like the one you left it makes me thankful that it appears we may not have hit the right mark.

Please consider making a return trip to the Rodeway Inn and call me direct to book the reservation. I will extend whatever consideration I can and I hope on your return visit that we will again hit the right mark with you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I traveled here from Maryland on the first nite of our honeymoon to see a show at the World Cafe Live. Our experience was great. We arrived via bus, a couple hours before check in- but Brian Krason allowed us to check in early which was a relief! He was also helpful in calling us a shuttle from the hotel to the airport- and holding our bags for us in between checking out and leaving for the airport. Many thanks, Brian!

• Stayed November 2014
RodeWayCC, Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving a post on TripAdvisor after your stay at the Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia. As hospitality professionals here at the Rodeway Inn we are constantly trying to see how we can better serve our guests. When someone takes the time to leave a comment, good or bad, we use it as a learning experience to enhance our customer service and then through ongoing training of the staff we always work towards getting better.

As the person held responsible for setting the standards of guest services here at the Rodeway Inn I enjoy seeing a review like this because it let's me know that I not only teach our interns and new staff but I also practice what I teach. I try never to lose sight of the fact that as guest services agents from taking the reservation, checking you in, helping you plan your sightseeing, checking you out and getting you safely to the airport is what we do best; "One guest at a time"...

When I see comments like the one you left it makes me thankful that it appears we hit the mark with you!

Stoneville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Only issue was this is not an easy hotel to find. For this reason I cannot rate as excellent. However once found it's easy to get around due to its great location. Many restaurants within walking distance; staff is very professional, room we were in had a huge shower, very clean, and roomy. I would recommend this motel to my friends, and will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks for the top on being hard to find. We will certainly consider how better to be visible.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a great stay location was perfect! Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and updated! The beds where so comfortable. Definitely found our Philly hotel! We will be returning. Never had to pull the car out of the parking garage we were able to walk or take the bus everywhere!They water and coffee in room are also a huge plus! Hotel staff were extremely nice! The rooms felt like home!

Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a very nice hotel. As someone else mentioned, the rooms are a tad small. Having never stayed in the city, maybe this is the norm. Either way, the room was nice, the bathroom was updated and clean, and the bed was comfy. As another review mentioned, the hotel is hidden right in the middle of all the action. We passed it by our first time around the block. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Our 115 year old building has been a hotel since it's conception always with the footprint of rooms we currently have. Although our owners have considered adjoining some rooms to make them larger they have always opted to keep the "European Feel" or our rooms and with more than half of our guests being International the feedback is mostly positive. We hear you though and will consider your thoughts, thanks for making them.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

... This place doesn't give themselves reviews. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It's prime. But it's not worth the dirty rooms and rude staff. Plenty of other decent priced hotels close by

• Stayed November 2014
**Posted by an employee that posed as a disabled veteran to get a job using a false name to avoid child support. We would fire him again tomorrow. Here is an email exchange threatening this very review. Passing yourself off a Vet is despicable**

J****** to "Brian"

You stupid f*** I ain't a disabled veteran. Also good luck as the name on my resume is fake. Haha. Enjoy the reviews you will be receiving online.

Been to Rodeway Inn Center City? Share your experiences!