“Nice surprise.” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #44 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
“Nice surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We wanted a hotel near the Forrest Theater so our trip to Philly would make it easy to get around and attend a show.I was somewhat concerned when I saw the small storefront entrance to this hotel. Having already booked it we were locked into staying there. Upon entering the small lobby we were greeted by a very friendly staff and began to feel less leery. What a big surprise when we entered our room to find it to be well appointed with all the amenities of a large more expensive hotel. Very comfortable beds with sparkling white linens. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bolivar, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband's company booked this hotel for him because he had a week of training to do in Philadelphia. We loved it! Nice cool rooms, quiet and clean. All of the staff were nice but especially Dawn and the clerk on the day shift, i believe his name was Ray. They were great!We loved being here. They made us feel right at home from day one. If we ever get a chance to come back to Philly this is where we would like to stay! Thanks! Dan and Donna Hamer

Room Tip: If you like a cool room... ask for one downstairs.Some of the rooms upstairs are controlled by a the...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
RodeWayCC, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 2 days ago
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving a post on trip advisor after your stay at the Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia. As hospitality professionals here at the Rodeway Inn we are constantly trying to see how we can better serve our guests. When someone takes the time to leave a comment, good or bad, we use it as a learning experience to enhance our customer service and then through ongoing training of the staff we always work towards getting better.

Please consider making a return trip to the Rodeway Inn and call me direct to book the reservation. I will extend whatever consideration I can and I hope on your return visit that we will again hit the right mark with you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Excellent value - for the price we couldn't fault this hotel - fantastic location, feels like we're in walking distance of attractions and the staff are super friendly and helpful. This isn't an upmarket hotel so don't confuse it with that, but for what you do pay it's great value, room is good size, clean, tidy and we felt surprisingly well furnished as well.

• Stayed August 2014

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I visited this location twice in the last 10 days-
This is not upmarket, high end- this is good value, friendly small hotel in a great location.Ideal for exploring Philadelphia --a couple of blocks from city hall, a 10 minute walk from the hsitorical district, and close to bars restaurants and cafes.
Friendly and helpful staff expecially Dawn on front desk who is great.

when visiting Philly and looking for good value, great location-this is the place

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
RodeWayCC, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 4 days ago

The General Manager has thanked Dawn personally for the guest services she provided you during your stay.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel on a whim, I was going to Philadelphia with a friend and basically chose the cheapest hotel on Trivago within 2 miles of the centre of Philly. This hotel is in an amazing location, very central and close to all transport amenities you need - we arrived on a bus from NYC, so was easily walkable and we used the Phlash (Phillys tourist bus route) to get about.

I had booked a room with two double beds for myself and a friend. When we arrived we got told there had been an error and we only had a single room. The reception staff then spent quite a bit of time sorting this out and giving us an extra room at no extra cost.

Both rooms were of a good size and clean, tidy and well equiped, I have no qualms with the hotel at all - for the price and location it is worth staying here.

I found the staff to be really helpful and approachable - including when I somehow broke a window by touching it. I also found myself having to do an emergency international call to my bank as my card had been blocked which the hotel wrote off for me.

I'd happily stay here again and would actively choose this if I was staying in Philly again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
RodeWayCC, Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your compliments to our staff and high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Kings Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently moved my son to Philadelphia to attend Thomas Jefferson. The hotel is walking distance with parking across the street ( which they validate) . We were not sure of the location or what we would find, but from the beginning to the end of the stay we were pleasantly surprised. Rodeway Inn is very European , small lobby, small halls, and small elevator. But our room was great, spacious, and furnished with all the amenities one would need. The area has restaurants and plenty of tourist attractions. I have already booked it again and hope that the experience is just as nice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, your feedback, and your comments regarding your stay. We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Thought this would be a good find but I quickly found out why this hotel is only two stars. Unfriendly staff, especially the arrogant guy at the desk with grey hair. The rooms are tiny and pretty unclean. The building is really old so the floors are on a slant like the previous reviews said. You cannot even control the temperature in the room. Do yourself a favor and stay at a better hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
RodeWayCC, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

If this review is real I sincerely apologize for not being able to enhance your stay. If the review is not real then it is disappointing that your attack on the hotel is bad but the personal attack is unwarranted. As someone with over three decades of hospitality experience I go out of way to make a positive difference in someone's trip.

Brian Krason, AKA the grey haired guy
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Been to Rodeway Inn Center City? Share your experiences!