“I couldn't fault it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“I couldn't fault it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel on a whim, I was going to Philadelphia with a friend and basically chose the cheapest hotel on Trivago within 2 miles of the centre of Philly. This hotel is in an amazing location, very central and close to all transport amenities you need - we arrived on a bus from NYC, so was easily walkable and we used the Phlash (Phillys tourist bus route) to get about.

I had booked a room with two double beds for myself and a friend. When we arrived we got told there had been an error and we only had a single room. The reception staff then spent quite a bit of time sorting this out and giving us an extra room at no extra cost.

Both rooms were of a good size and clean, tidy and well equiped, I have no qualms with the hotel at all - for the price and location it is worth staying here.

I found the staff to be really helpful and approachable - including when I somehow broke a window by touching it. I also found myself having to do an emergency international call to my bank as my card had been blocked which the hotel wrote off for me.

I'd happily stay here again and would actively choose this if I was staying in Philly again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kings Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We recently moved my son to Philadelphia to attend Thomas Jefferson. The hotel is walking distance with parking across the street ( which they validate) . We were not sure of the location or what we would find, but from the beginning to the end of the stay we were pleasantly surprised. Rodeway Inn is very European , small lobby, small halls, and small elevator. But our room was great, spacious, and furnished with all the amenities one would need. The area has restaurants and plenty of tourist attractions. I have already booked it again and hope that the experience is just as nice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Thought this would be a good find but I quickly found out why this hotel is only two stars. Unfriendly staff, especially the arrogant guy at the desk with grey hair. The rooms are tiny and pretty unclean. The building is really old so the floors are on a slant like the previous reviews said. You cannot even control the temperature in the room. Do yourself a favor and stay at a better hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
RodeWayCC, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving a post on trip advisor after your stay at the Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia. As hospitality professionals here at the Rodeway Inn we are constantly trying to see how we can better serve our guests. When someone takes the time to leave a comment, good or bad, we use it as a learning experience to enhance our customer service and then through ongoing training of the staff we always work towards getting better.

If this review is real I sincerely apologize for not being able to enhance your stay. If the review is not real then it is disappointing that your attack on the hotel is bad but the personal attack is unwarranted. As someone with over three decades of hospitality experience I go out of way to make a positive difference in someone's trip.

Please consider making a return trip to the Rodeway Inn and call me direct to book the reservation. I will extend whatever consideration I can and I hope on your return visit that we will again hit the right mark with you.

Brian Krason, AKA the grey haired guy
Guest Services
1208 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel not only "accidentally" threw away my belongings, the front desk manager tried to shame and blame me for it. She even kicked me out of the hotel when I had paid for the room. They admitted fault, but denied any responsibility until they came to their legal senses and demanded proof of purchase of my belongings. Sorry, but I don't have the receipt for my heirloom wedding ring. Or my work laptop. Or my iPod that was a gift. So here I am...my only solace is to warn people not to stay at this atrocity of a hotel. I have a police report, photos and various documentation. What I didn't have (until now) is the strength, time and legal freedom to make this public via a review.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we booked our stay online, the pictures looked great for this hotel... Still, when we arrived, we were taken aback by how awesome this place was, from the modern lobby (complete with fresh fruit and fruit infused ice water), and our room was just as amazing! The beds were heavenly, we had a huge flat screen television, and the room was immaculate. The staff was friendly, helpful and very professional throughout our stay. One of the neatest things about this hotel is that is a classic city building which was completely transformed, yet it retained the charm of the original building (high ceilings, tall street view windows, and classic baseboards and ceiling trim). We will definitely return to Philadelphia for future vacations, and will without a doubt stay here again :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback. It is rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms. It is always our ambition to give a one of a kind memorable experience. We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!
NonnaC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We checked out a lot of hotels online and finally decided to try the Rodeway because of the price and location. When we called the hotel directly, they gave us an even better price than on the web and the $12 parking per day seemed unbelievable compared to the other hotels in the area. We weren't expecting much - just a cheap, clean room for 2 nights. Were we surprised! We had asked for "a room with a view" but Dawn at the reception desk showed us a very small room in the front overlooking the street and suggested another room towards the back of the hotel which seemed twice the size. The room was clean, recently renovated, decorated nicely, spacious and quiet. Even had a fridge and Kuerig coffee pot. No, our floor wasn't on a slope as someone has said. Seemed perfectly level to us. Perhaps too much partying? :) The desk personnel were terrific. They all went out of their way to be helpful. The lobby is small but nicely decorated. No breakfast but they have fresh water and fruit for guests in the lobby. Lots of places to eat around there as others have said and it is in the heart of everything. We kept telling ourselves how lucky we were to find this place. It makes a trip to Philly perfect!

Room Tip: Apparently every room is different. We were told rooms on the front were smaller.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RodeWayCC, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago

Thanks for confirming our rooms don't slope! Our building is 115 years old but we are solid, safe and charming.

Brian Krason
Guest Services
1208 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Checked into this hotel and found our room was on a slope. Concerned about safety we called down and spoke to the lady on reception who offered to show us another room. Brian Krason came to the room and told us we could not move as we had unpacked. He told us the room was safe but did not want us staying since he stated he only wants "happy guests" for his reputation so we must pack and leave immediately. We told him that as long as the room is safe we wanted to stay, he said no, we had complained and we had do go. Distressed we rang choice who were very helpful in calling the hotel. He then told us we could stay so we packed our things for another room. Literally five minutes after concluding our conversation with choice he came back and told us "now that you have your things packed you can leave". It was July 4th weekend and we had no where to go. If you value customer service DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! Horrible experience no one should go through.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Center City? Share your experiences!