I and some friends of mine just went to Philly for the Cowboys vs. Eagles football game. I was told to stay in the downtown area so that we could walk to anywhere we wanted. After doing extensive hotel research of the downtown area there is no bargain to stay in the area. Since my buddy travels often for work he used his hotel points so we didn't have to pay for the hotel. First of all don't let the lobby area fool you with how nice it is compared to the rest of the building. Looks can be deceiving and in this instance looks were deceiving. I had read most of the reviews on here before we decided to go ahead and book a room at this hotel and as usual with reviews you have to take each one with a grain of salt. Majority of the ones that I read that were negative were for the most part true. I am just glad that we were given a room on the second floor because the elevator looked as if it could only hold 2 people at best. As we got to the second floor and began to walk down the hallway which is about as wide as the aisle in an airplane we noticed the floor had ripples in it. It ran through my head hmm I wonder when this floor is going to collapse. When we got to our room the floor was the same way, the bathroom floor was about 2 inches higher than the bedroom floor. Then we all began for the search for the thermostat because it was a little warm in the room and with 5 guys we needed to keep it cool. Well then I remembered reading a few reviews of not all the rooms have a thermostat in them...who knows why, so our temperature was being controlled by someone else. Luckily you were able to open the windows and that the weather was cool so we were able to solve that problem. But with that being said we got to listen to the noise coming from the alley. In our room we also had a roach trap which that is something always nice to see in a $120 a night hotel room. The "desk chair" looked like they found it on the street in front of a cafe in France. So if you are here for business and need to do any work on a computer bring your own chair. For some reason we had two separate rooms and so of course only one room had a television in it. Can you imagine 5 guys sharing a queen size bed to watch t.v.? The only thing our room had going for it was the renovated bathroom which had been updated very nicely. Well the toilet was crammed in the corner and it was a tight squeeze, there was about as much room to enjoy a morning passing as there is in a port-a-can. Now as for the shower went for some reason someone decided to purchase a shower curtain that was a few inches too short so some (a lot) of water ran onto the bathroom floor. The only way I would suggest this hotel to anyone is if you know for a fact you will have a room with a thermostat, will only be sleeping in the room, and if its a guys trip. If you have any other business being in Philadelphia pay more money to stay at a nicer hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Center City Hotel Philadelphia
- Rodeway Inn Center City Hotel
- Rodeway Inn Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Rodeway Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New flat screen HDTVs and personal Keurig coffee makers in all rooms! We offer reasonably priced, straightforward accommodations with updated in-room amenities, right in the heart of the city! Our property is within short walking distance of many local attractions and business centers including but not limited to: The Pennsylvania Convention Center, Independence Hall, The Liberty Bell Center, The Franklin Institute, The National Constitution Center, Liberty Place, Jefferson Hospital, University of Penn Hospital, Walnut Street Theater, numerous eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Rodeway Inn Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.