“Great time, great room!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City

You added Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   237 South Broad Street, Broad and Locust Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19107-5686   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Winter Special from $89
Ranked #38 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, United States
“Great time, great room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The hotel was sold out and we were staying with a wedding group of relatives. Originally, I was disappointed not to be on the same floor as the others, then I asked if my room was near the elevator, and when it was I got upgraded to a wonderful room and I had to invite everyone down to see my view.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay. We are so happy to hear that you're requests were accommodated with ease, as we strive to accommodate these needs whenever possible. We hope you enjoyed the Philadelphia Wedding. Be sure to come back soon to explore more of the city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Greek first
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

It wasn't the best Doubletree that I've ever been to. I will start with the good...

The views are to die for! Omg I loved the view from our room on the 15th floor. You can look right out and watch the busy Broad Street Traffic and pedestrians. The location of this doubletree is also very close to everything. Bars, shopping, historic buildings, the railroad, etc. We parked our car for our entire stay and walked everywhere.
The staff at the hotel were friendly. When we called the front desk asking for recommendations on a close place that served Philly cheesesteak, they pointed us to a place right around the corner that was delicious.
I do have a few complaints about the hotel. We did not receive our cookies that Doubletree is known for. I never saw anyone with cookies. The parking garage is a maze. They should have directions on the elevator door of how to reach the lobby. Since you can't walk straight into the lobby from the elevator, you have to walk outside first, people need to know that. We had two of our friends that live in Philly come visit us while we were at the hotel. Yes it was late because we arrived late. However the staff standing at the front asked my friends if they had a room key. I don't want to pull the race card, but I found it funny that they were the only two that were asked for a room key our entire stay. I can understand the hotel wanting to keep the hotel safe, but if you are going to ask for a room key, you should ask everyone if they have a room key when trying to keep it safe. The hallway that our room was located on smelled like weed our entire stay.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed March 2014
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear echappell86,
Thank you for the comments. We apologize that you found the garage directions confusing and that you didn’t receive our famous chocolate chip cookies. We make it a point to ensure each and every guest receives them and are embarrassed that we missed you. As for our late night weekend security, no need to play the race card because that’s not who we are. After a certain hour we ask everyone to present a room key to insure the safety and security of all of our guests.
If you choose to return, we will make sure you get twice the amount of cookies!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had to stay at the Double Tree in Philadelphia for a work conference and I had a wonderful experience. The accomodations were great, the room had a nice view of the city, it was very clean, and I loved getting a chocolate chip cookie upon check in. I will say that when I checked in the person helping me was not as informative or as helpful as what I noticed other personnel sharing with their guests. For example other staff informed the guests of the different places to eat in the hotel and nearby and informed them of the different facilities available. However the check-in process was quick and efficient.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Be sure to stay with us again soon.
Setauket, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel room was very comfortable, clean, large and the view was amazing, loved the V shaped windows, great city views! Used room service and food was reasonable in price and delicious. Only complaint, no room service or food service after MN on Friday or Sat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Philadelphia, and loved the views. Thank you for the room service suggestion, as we are always looking for ways to improve our service to guests. Be sure to come back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The staff was extremely helpful. There was an issue with the bathroom. They went out of their way to make up for it. There was confusion with the cost of the breakfast, so they gave me 2 breakfast coupons. I would stay here again

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the great review Dameon. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced however we are pleased to hear that our staff was so accommodating and was able to resolve the situation. Be sure to come back soon.
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Second stay here and very happy to recommend it. This visit was to check out the University of the Arts as a possible college for my daughter, located literally right next door.

Pros: right in the heart of downtown; lot's of cool places within walking distance; would highly recommend the Oyster House for moderately upscale dining and Monk's Cafe for a unique and eclectic local joint (is more hometown downscale FYI); back to the hotel: excellent customer service check-in, very comfy bed and pillows; clean rooms; breakfast service was exceptional (notably exceptional that is!) although it was pricey but then again probably not so for a downtown hotel - the service was so good at breakfast (a table serve and/or buffet at that) that I wish I got the waiter's name so I could give him a kudo to management

Cons: really wish that Hilton Honors did not start jacking up the points required for stays in cities like NY and Philly over the last two years; this is not about the hotel as much as about their honors program; I refuse to part with that many points for a hotel room and paid for it instead = luckily the room rate was pretty reasonable with a AAA discount applied

Would recommend this hotel to any and all - families and couples, etc. Would also stay here again for sure if my daughter ends up getting into University of the Arts.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for the great review, and for your loyalty to our hotel and the Hilton brand. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope your daughter gets accepted to the University of the Arts so you can come back more often!
North Brunswick, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My stay at the DoubleTree was nice...nothing above and beyond but it was comfortable. Customer service was good; everyone was friendly and helpful. The food was so-so in the restaurant but there were alot of restaurants around the hotel so I was able to find a tasty meal elsewhere. As for accomodations, my guest room looked like it had undergone a low budget renovation which was poorly executed and didn't really add much in terms of value. The best part of my stay was the warm cookie at check-in...it was a nice touch.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the candid review of your recent stay. Our staff strives to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We apologize that the rooms were not to your liking. We hope you will return soon to see our improvements, or stay in the brand new Suites on 5. We will have a warm chocolate chip cookie ready for your return.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City? Share your experiences!